2G MMI upgrade procedure

QED69

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just got an Audi A6 and would be interested in upgrading the dated firmware thats installed, I have the discs required and would like to know the procedure to upgrade, found a video online but its rather confusing and also in German.

Any assistance to the upgrade procedure would be greatly appreciated, for information I have a bluetooth telephone module and believe that the 2nd CD needs to be inserted twice?

Many thanks

Empty your changer, use cd slot 1. Do the upgrade
From the menu. Dead easy.

Did it sort everything else out? I have the discs but haven't got round to doing it yet with moving house. I take it no one has had to charge there car while doing it? I read a thread that said it could take a while and the cr needs to be ignition on but not running and hooked up to a charger?

Did it sort everything else out? I have the discs but haven't got round to doing it yet with moving house. I take it no one has had to charge there car while doing it? I read a thread that said it could take a while and the cr needs to be ignition on but not running and hooked up to a charger?

Yeah everything updated fine apart from the Audi in car handset for some reason, I put mine on trickle charge whilst doing the update as didn't want to run the battery too low. You could do the update without putting on charge but I didn't wanna risk it !

Done the navigation map update afterwards so all up to date.

Reactions: PeteA7S/Back