Key Fob range (differnt for BAM/AMK)

Gib

Reaction score
Do other people have simular issue that the range on their key fobs are poor? of corse newer the car the better technology/software are in them.

But it only got me thinking the other day when I was detailing a friends S3 (03 reg) I went open the car and could stand a few meters away... mine being a 51 reg I have to be really close? The batterys are new in the fob before any ask's.

Cheers Rich

Stick the keyfob on your head when you press the button...

...keyfobs should all be the same frequency etc...

<tuffty>

haha, daft as it sounds I've already heard about that.... and tried it! still the same.

Well either you have no brain or your fob is fubar :) (It actually does work btw...)

Not sure what the issue could be tbh mate but the fobs should all be the same... you can check the part numbers between yours and your mates... should have the operating frequency on them too...

<tuffty/>

Mines a y reg and works about 5- 6 meters away so must be your fob

mine is a '99 APY and works from about 4m away, which I believe is too short.
I've bought fresh batteries to test, but lost them in the shopping somewhere. :-/
Once I find them I'll report back here.

Hate to spoil the party but my BAM has a range of about 20 metres from the fob.

Even more when it's placed against my head,but that may be due to the fact that I always wear a lead lined cap to block out any Alien rays!

Hate to spoil the party but my BAM has a range of about 20 metres from the fob.

Even more when it's placed against my head,but that may be due to the fact that I always wear a lead lined cap to block out any Alien rays!

My AMK and my A2 have a similar range... I don't wear a tin foil hat though as my brain is officially full of useless crap :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: tcg