CV joint replacement advice and other recommendations?

DrStrange

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just passed the MOT but advisories with the 2 front worn suspension bushes. I may get my quattro cab fully polybushed as a result. (or stock OEM bushes - undecided)

But, you guys have very kindly identified that my CV joints are also knackered as I get quite bad 'knocking' on full turn left or right. So they 100% need to be replaced.

Could you offer up advice or recommendations as to which ones to go for? OEM or aftermarket? Also, whilst the mechanics is there, should I replace anything else in conjunction with this..or worth doing?

Further info: I have AP full adjustable coilovers which will be installed soon.

As always, any advise..GREATLY appreciated!

Why not get the suspension, cv joint's & bushes done at the same time ? It'll save having to take it apart numerous times & don't forget to have your alignment done after.

As for cv joint replacement, what QuattroCalum said ....

I personally can't see the point of replacing the entire driveshaft. New CV shafts and controversially not GKN rubber boots. Don't get me wrong the GKN boot kits look the dog's dangles but I found cracking on the rubber after just a couple of years. I go main dealer for the boots.

Thanks a lot guys!

Never heard of GKN to be honest. They look fantastic.

In 2 minds whether to replace the entire drive shaft and CV joint or just cv joints as the cost is massively racking up.

The entire Polybushing will be expensive not to mention, Im getting new rotors front and back as they are knackered..oh and braided brake lines.

I hope I can keep the cost low.

Careful where you go for your gkn's, I asked for gkn in GSF's and they tried to fob me off with some rubbish which I checked online and it had terrible reviews for failures. They were called GS-P IIRC

Careful where you go for your gkn's, I asked for gkn in GSF's and they tried to fob me off with some rubbish which I checked online and it had terrible reviews for failures. They were called GS-P IIRC

Thanks for this! Appreciated. I may go with OEM ones. Decisions decisions as usual..