New S4 - Steering issue already :(

Hey guys, my second post on the forum :)

Sorry to hear about all your problems DG555. I got my Audi A4 from Aylesbury Audi (believe MK is part of the Jardine motor group too). I have had excellent customer service throughout too, so agree with you here.

Unfortunately I see faults now as "snagging" on new cars - almost like a new house. Lets build them quickly - yes they go through QC but lets get them on the forecourt. Dealers can then deal with the rectification. I'll give you two real examples:

1) The reason I got my A4 is I'm about to hand back a company car - Nissan Qashqai. I got this from new (2014). By 1,500 miles the engine was making an awful vibration at idle. Took it in, dealer said they couldn't find a fault after test driving it. This was obvious as I did say it was on idle. They found the fault and it was the plastic on the air intake. Fix - one giant black screw through it! Since then my drivers eat frame has collapsed (was squeaking like a mouse after a vindaloo on every bend and pothole). No apology just a "we will sort it under warranty just bring it in".

2) A colleague at work purchased a new BMW 520D. After a month of owning the car would unlock randomly and sometimes when he would return to the car and the windows would be down. BMW gave him a new key, same problem......obviously a security issue. They had the car in for 2 weeks waiting for the car to replicate the issue. Eventually the car did fault itself and they found it was a faulty barrel on the drivers door - hence the lock thought the unlock was being activated and stayed on so the windows all went down. The car has broken down on 2 occasions and a month ago discovered a rust bubble on his rear door. All the time they have given him courtesy cars but he has to drive from his house to the dealership - approx 40 miles each time.

I'm really impressed by the fact the dealership has backed you and I understand your position. I got an approved used A4 (B9) with 3,000 miles on which took £9k off the new price. If what you want is an RS6 then get Audi to sharpen their pencil and do you a deal that works for you - I guarantee they will do something to keep you.

Keep us posted.

I would say expect 'snagging' in the first year in the life of a production run, but after that cars shoukd be coming off the line with these issues fixed. Quite clearly now this isn't happening...

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Nothing to report as yet. It's still with Audi and I've answered the "does he want another car?" question 3 time to 3 separate people now, the last one being through the dealer to Audi HQ. I chased again yesterday so hopefully I'll know more later this week. Getting very annoyed this is dragging out so long.

Nothing to report as yet. It's still with Audi and I've answered the "does he want another car?" question 3 time to 3 separate people now, the last one being through the dealer to Audi HQ. I chased again yesterday so hopefully I'll know more later this week. Getting very annoyed this is dragging out so long.

As much as it pains me to say, this was one thing that Mercedes did well, maybe because they have to experience it on a daily basis, but the rejection itself went smoothly, no finance payments where taken, I checked with the finance company and they confirmed it had all been 'settled' and sent me an Email confirming it.
Your within your rights to reject it, and if your continuing to drive around in a loan car provided by them, I'd just let them take there time, free motoring until they sort their act out!

Not surprised they are are taking their time but hope it all works out for you. I have had to cancel my S4 and Audi are behaving like a back street garage.

****** hell mate, not good, I've just picked up a used 16 plate B9 A4 3.0 272ps diesel, already going in for dodgy image in rear view camera and annoyingly loud indicator click while turning steering wheel, apparently the later being normal??

Feel for you as had a BMW F30 and M140 before the Audi, both rejected due to significant issues with the later having over 8 warranty claims in 6 months!!

Have to say though, the B9 is a nice place to be :)

Maybe they need to ask once for each of the five auto union rings?

In your place I'd be speaking directly to Audi UK (if not Audi DE) by now.

Final update... Audi have accepted the evidence and will be refunding me in full.

They have also said the car has been repaired ahead of going back on sale. For transparency the licence plate is KW17KFG so anyone doing a search for the car should hopefully land here and ensure the right questions are asked of the dealership and Audi.

When I go to sign whatever needs signing I'll make sure I get confirmation of the exact issue - assuming they want to tell me of course.

Reactions: nfribeiro, TripleD, scotty76 and 2 others
Excellent news, still very interested to hear what the exact issue was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I've been able to get from Audi MK is what they've done to fix it which is "we've replaced the top part of the steering column."

Not particularly helpful but when I go in I'll see if I can speak to the Audi technicians to get some actual detail.

Reactions: Ad72
Well done I know personally how hard and awkward audi can be. I had my 63 plate s3 back 23 times before finally allowing me to give it back.

And it's now for sale for 40k. Quite a bargain considering 591 miles....if you like driving a deathtrap :)

Not surprised at all. BMW put my 400 mile M135i with a faulty gear box back up for sale after I rejected it. The new owner was non to pleased when he contacted me and I told him why I'd sold it. The gear box wasn't replaced before he bought it!!

CLA 45 AMG Shooting brake