Overheating?

Nu amin

Reaction score
hi

I have a audi a3 1.6 automatic. For some reason i seem to be feeling hot air near the drivers side when driving. Almost like the heatings on near the footwell. If i touch the plastics near the footwell i can feel the heat.

Can anyone help me figure out what this could be? How can i diagnose this?

Do you reckon the engines overheating or the heater is playing up?

The exhaust is on the bulkhead side and if it is the diesel the DPF as well. Is there some heat shield missing? Has the car had some exhaust/DPF/Turbo work and the mechanic forgot to refit a piece of heat shield? :shrug:

Do you reckon the engines overheating or the heater is playing up?

The heating seems fine when i have it on. But when its off i seem to get hot air blowing through drivers footwell. And can alsso feel it after iv switched the engine off

The exhaust is on the bulkhead side and if it is the diesel the DPF as well. Is there some heat shield missing? Has the car had some exhaust/DPF/Turbo work and the mechanic forgot to refit a piece of heat shield? :shrug:

No my car is petrol. And it has had no form of modification.

Maybe a heating duct come of under the dash. A few A3 owners have had problems with the servo air flaps in the A/C, heater unit not doing what they are supposed to do. A VCDS scan may throw up a fault. Other than that you can remove the glovebox and see what's going on with the air flaps and ducting.

The heating seems fine when i have it on. But when its off i seem to get hot air blowing through drivers foot-well. And can also feel it after iv switched the engine off
also it it's off it probably don t close the intake port so air that is regularly flowing by itself go through the heater then cabin, if you got overheating, first thing would be your temp sensor rising over 100 degrees

Maybe a heating duct come of under the dash. A few A3 owners have had problems with the servo air flaps in the A/C, heater unit not doing what they are supposed to do. A VCDS scan may throw up a fault. Other than that you can remove the glovebox and see what's going on with the air flaps and ducting.

My engine mang sign was on and with vcds it showed oxygen sensor faulty. Can this be the problem for heat? And also idling?

I think you should take it into a garage to check out the fault, might be related

My engine mang sign was on and with vcds it showed oxygen sensor faulty. Can this be the problem for heat? And also idling?
You didn't say anything about idle, however the lambda sensor displaying fault not mean that the sensor is faulty, depend of code. can be also problem with maf that trigerring lambda sensor. As guys said, check to heating reflectors/protectors first, could be also some hole or split in flexi blowing hot air there that trigger lambda.