Smell of oil from exhausts

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

i recently done an oil change on my car using Xado oil, its full of nano technology and other marketing stuff i have fallen victim to lol

anyway it has a very distinctive smell unlike what you would expect from engine oil, its very nice smells kinda like an alcopop, in any case since doing the service i can because of the distinctive smell

smell it coming from the exhausts if i stand at the back of the car with it idling, now obviously my first concern was that for this to happen it must be burning oil, however there is no tell tale blue smoke from the exhausts and no loss of oil on the dipstick, there is also no DPF or rear silencers, just a CAT left in my exhaust system so i imagine i would definitely notice the blue smoke if present, so im wondering why can i smell it? could it be crankcase ventilation? i really hope it not the onset of turbo seals as just had a reconditioned turbo fitted a few months back

engine is CCWA 3.0 tdi

any thoughts appreciated :)

funnily enough i have just noticed a similar thing with my car lately straight though no cat ect, i was getting blue smoke about a week ago but after thrashing it, it stopped, it smells like hot combustion / nox/oil