Boost problems...

EmilS3

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I have a 02 BAM S3. Recently I fixed tha EGT sensor and some pipes under the manifold which where leaking a lot. The car now dramatically changed. It used to run 1.2 bar of boost and after 5500-6000 dropped to 0.8. After changing all those things car ran at 1.5-6 and kept it till 6500. Turbo used to spool from 2500rpm. However yesterday I decided to have somer fun with it and in 5th gear after 5000-5200rpm I felt power loss and immediately slow down. Then I tried again accelerating from 2nd 3rd 4th and only on 5th gear at about same rpm I felt the power loss again. Now it spools later than before at about 3500-4000rpm. Today I`ve changed the N75(have a spare one) but nothing changed. Checked for boost leaks but I can`t find any. Can it be something with the actuator? AFR shows 10-12s

No fault codes, just the second lambda but my cat is empty.

First two codes, here the first lamba was unplugged(its an old screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170523-171749.png
    Screenshot_20170523-171749.png
    561 KB · Views: 133
Completely off topic, but what software is that you use to read faults? Looks android.

Sent from a green cloud on planet Procrastination

The app is Torque Pro. I downloaded it from a forum( I can send it to you if you can't find it). The device I use is ELM 327(chinese for 5-6£) that is plugged into the OBD.

So at least one code then... I assume its the efficiency code thats thrown if your cat is empty?... this can effect emissions readiness and the ECU adaptions can be switch off if the ECU is unhappy with it... you need to get it coded out...

You need to log boost and stuff in VCDS next to see whats what... your car is clearly mapped but without seeing what the ECU is seeing its difficult to know what to suggest...

<tuffty/>

The app is Torque Pro. I downloaded it from a forum( I can send it to you if you can't find it). The device I use is ELM 327(chinese for 5-6£) that is plugged into the OBD.

Use VCDS... Torque doesn't cover all VAG codes

<tuffty/>

OK Tuffty, I`ll report in a week with a log from VCDS.

Can I run it with N75 unplugged? Sometimes it`s in limp mode, boosting at about 0.5bar.

One more thing Tuffty the codes for the second lambda shows after 2 starts. I clear them with my phone immediately because I don`t like that check engine light :wink:

Last edited:
Can I run it with N75 unplugged? Sometimes it`s in limp mode, boosting at about 0.5bar.
Yes...

One more thing Tuffty the codes for the second lambda shows after 2 starts. I clear them with my phone immediately because I don`t like that check engine lamp :wink:

What code?... some codes only come up after a specific number of consecutive fault conditions but the fault will still be there and ECU will not adapt...

<tuffty/>

P0036, P0141 - for the second lamba. They pop up after every second start of the engine after I`ve deleted them.

Post cat lambda needs to be electrically connected even if coded out realistically... else the ECU gets upset

<tuffty/>

Well, car fixed by itself :blink: boosting from around 2000 and holding 1.5bar till 6000rpm.