New S3 Sportback Colour choice Daytona or Glacier

Richie Strachan

Reaction score
Hi ....New to the forum and have ordered an S3 sportback in Daytona grey non BE.. car will be locked on Friday and having last minute thoughts on glacier white.. I know colour choice is personal , however your thoughts may help me decide .. opinions welcome...

You're the one that has to look at it everyday buddy....!

Both are very nice

If you're into detailing then both are good at hiding swirls. Daytona can really show off the paint fleck, whilst Glacier will be quite a flat white.

Reactions: Jassyo06
both colours I would say "blend in" ie. pretty common and don't stand out a lot....other than that I have Glacier but in a sedan and love it....but I also like Daytona.... @Rob2k68 has Daytona SB.....check out his pics

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I like both colours.

From a practical point of view the grey will be better to live with, I had a metallic grey car a while ago and they don't look dirty until they are really in need of a wash. The white will take a lot more looking after. I don't see many A3 in my locality but they are almost always grey so I would consider white to be a bit more exclusive.

TBH I find the basic range of Audi colours somewhat dull, I chose Nano grey, while its grey, the colour almost has a matt finish in certain lights so it different.

Cheers guys , I have tomorrow to decide... leaning toward Glacier ... good choice to have

Reactions: ASRman and glospete
Daytona... I'll put some pictures up later. You'll see why lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
daytona from me, love that colour I dont think i could live with a white car just like my wifes black car ive only got to look at it and its instantly dirty. Bth look great when just cleaned but if its a daily defo daytona.

Day day Daytona !
Sparkles in the sun
Needs to be taken for a run
Then you won't be sad
You will be glad
You chose
DAYTONA

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, Richie Strachan and 1 other person
IMG 5134
IMG 5375
IMG 5134
IMG 5375
I picked Daytona but I did originally spec glacier and as nice as the Daytona is I mis having a crisp white car (had an S3 8p in white) it's a hard colour to keep clean but when it's clean it's beautiful

Dayz of thunder for the win, l don't think chrome and white are a good match

Reactions: MattSedg, Scottyg and Rob2k68
But look at my signature (Glacier with BSP) and you'll be back to white ....
Seriously though either are great colours and certainly I have 2 white Audis, live in deepest Devon and they don't show as much dirt as I thought they would.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scottyg, Rob2k68 and Rayner_1704
Daytona 100%.
I'm not a professional detailer by any means. Pressure washer, shampoo, aqua wax. This is the result when the sun shines on it...
IMG 1632

Reactions: Rob2k68, richinsoton, glospete and 1 other person
Them pictures were when the car was mucky too

Reactions: Rob2k68
Daytona grey with shadow black. My choice.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Both are great. I prefer Daytona but Glacier is also very good, like this one for example.

Reactions: AL_B, Scottyg, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
127278900b1a2a6013f0105ee4bb08c2.jpg
495135f547add61dda0146e9d2895d71.jpg
bda1314bb7bb0ce7392788d5c1864628.jpg
017f9c4dca8892dbac7b2fd47480a07d.jpg

I'll leave these here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AL_B, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 2 others
I'll just leave this here - wildcard lol

12.jpg

Reactions: nothingness, soulsurfer, MattSedg and 9 others
All in all if they still offered sepeng blue that's the colour I'd of got

Artificial light ...
IMG 4153

Natural light ...
IMG 4170

Bright sunlight ...
IMG 4171

Reflections ...
IMG 4172

Pop ...
IMG 4173

Reactions: Tristan2, Reggieboy71, PanamaS3 and 6 others
Bunch of posing barstewards the lot a ye.....lol

Reactions: ASRman, TDI-line, Tom.H and 3 others
Wouldn't recommend Voodoo blue.... Gash colour and common as muck.......
Lol

Reactions: PanamaS3, Djs3saloon, TDI-line and 3 others
Thanks guys for all the photos , all well looked after cars ...Was staying with Daytona but after driving about this morning at work every other Audi I saw was this colour ... no S3 mind... just 2 black ones....never seen a glacier S3 around where I live ....@supa koopa do you have any other pics?

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Mark_86
I've had both colours, Daytona on a A1 BE, and Glacier as a reluctant purchase on a A3 TDI quattro 185, one of the first in the country in 2013.

Daytona is a stunning colour, you cannot go wrong with this choice.

IMG_0225-1.jpg

Glacier too me, grew on me more than i thought, and loved the colour more at night, as it give a dull off white sheen.

I would choose both again.

IMG_0430_zps83ec50d4.jpg

e081aab0-8416-4d13-b124-eb455bcdbd1d_zpsf3900c23.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, Scottyg and Rob2k68
I'd go white out of those two but Floret Silver is stunning and hides a lot of dirt etc etc

IMG 0440

Reactions: Jassyo06, TDI-line and Rob2k68
Yip, very true. Simply because very few have such overwhelmingly great taste in car colours. :rulez::rtfm::hubbahubba::scared2::superman:

Touche... Daytona still wins. :sign dontfeedmods::sign ban: lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, TDI-line, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
As remarked in posts above, Daytona is very common. I think it's partly because the colour is exclusive to s-line and S3 and there is possibly an element of feeling obliged to choose it for that reason. My wife will only ever choose white (she has a glacier A3 cabrio on order at the moment) but I haven't found keeping her cars clean as difficult as I thought when she got her first white car. She doesn't do a great annual mileage so her cars are not as exposed to mucky winter conditions as others, but on the other hand they aren't garaged either, so they do suffer everything the weather, overhanging trees and incontinent birds can inflict.

When she chose her cabrio it was a very sunny afternoon and we looked at a glacier car next to an ibis. The glacier was such a pure white, it almost looked as though it had a blue tinge next to the ibis.

That said, I am a fan of Daytona simply because I like grey on cars! I would have had nano for my A4 if it were a choice. For information, I have floret rather than Daytona because mine was a stock car and the only one in the spec I wanted.

Reactions: TDI-line and Rob2k68
Both are great. I prefer Daytona but Glacier is also very good, like this one for example.

That's an interesting car. Its obviously a FL model, has chrome trim, but black-pack grill (or its been wrapped). Looks good. I do think the S3 suits white.

@Rob2k68 - stunning pic's, especially the artificial light one.

@jassyo06 - love that colour, Sepang? Very similar to our Golf R's "Rising Blue Metallic".

Thanks guys for all the photos , all well looked after cars ...Was staying with Daytona but after driving about this morning at work every other Audi I saw was this colour ... no S3 mind... just 2 black ones....never seen a glacier S3 around where I live ....@supa koopa do you have any other pics?
[album=medium]3842[/album]