PX confusion

S32B

Reaction score
OK so how does this work? :blink:

I called into a BMW dealership today and just out of interest I said to the sales guy "How much would you give me for my S3 before we negotiate any discount on a new BMW?". He went away and came back a short time later, their quote was better than any of the quotes I've had off Audi!!!

You'd think Audi would give you the best price and make money on the new car and your old car!

How much are they gonna discount a new car though?
It's all about the difference not who offers the best px..
Hope that makes sense..
Been out in the sun...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
There's awesome discounts on BMW cars especially the 1,2,3,4 series cars which one are you interested in....???

As above, he may be giving you a huge amount (in comparison to Audi) for your S3 - but may not budge at all on possible discount on the BMW so he's offsetting his loss there

You'll get a lower interest rate off BMW....than off Audi...and ***....Hurry up and buy a frickin new car and stop dancing around FGS...lol

As above they'll give you the better PX price and just reduce the discount on the new car...

Every one does it their own way but I'll negotiate discount on new car first before talking PX (but have done my homework on PX prices just to be sure they aren't playing silly games)

How much are they gonna discount a new car though?
It's all about the difference not who offers the best px..
Hope that makes sense..
Been out in the sun...

As above, he may be giving you a huge amount (in comparison to Audi) for your S3 - but may not budge at all on possible discount on the BMW so he's offsetting his loss there

As above they'll give you the better PX price and just reduce the discount on the new car...

Every one does it their own way but I'll negotiate discount on new car first before talking PX (but have done my homework on PX prices just to be sure they aren't playing silly games)

Yeah I understand how it works, you misunderstand what I mean.

Easy way to explain: Not only BMW, but We buy any car offered more than Audi just to take my car off me, so did Evans Halshaw, as did Fords of Winsford and Mike Brewer....no car at all being bought from them.

The discount Audi were going to give me was the same even if I didn't sell my car to them, coast2coast quotes matched. They then take the P when I mention the px.

Audi this week are offering me £19k for my car full stop, no matter if I buy a car off them or not. If I sell my car to someone else they will still give me the same % discount on the new car (So they are not making it back on the px price).

Mike Brewer done now:

Screenshot wwwmikebrewerbuysyourcarcom 2017 06 17 20 36 02

There is no incentive to stick with the Audi brand.

There's awesome discounts on BMW cars especially the 1,2,3,4 series cars which one are you interested in....???
This one caught my eye http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...y New&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Petrol&page=1

If the idiots at Audi did what they said they were going to do when they said it, I'd have the A5 coupe on order now. I told them I wanted a white petrol A5 coupe...so they call the next day and say will you take a diesel....then the next day tell me they have my petrol A5, in scuba blue!!!

This one caught my eye http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201706076217581?make=BMW&colour=White&radius=1500&year-from=2017&sort=sponsored&postcode=ch21hn&model=4 SERIES&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Petrol&page=1

If the idiots at Audi did what they said they were going to do when they said it, I'd have the A5 coupe on order now. I told them I wanted a white petrol A5 coupe...so they call the next day and say will you take a diesel....then the next day tell me they have my petrol A5, in scuba blue!!!

Yea I don't understand the lower P/x thing either...you would think matching the extra £1/2k would make sense, but there we go. Perhaps they just don't need stock or have too many of your car?

Anyway, sod the Beemer....you can have my S5 for little bit less ;)

Reactions: S32B
Was that an instant valuation from mike brewer?
I've just put my details in so I'll wait for a response..

What do you owe on the S3.... Finance settlement
Strangely enough exactly what MB offered!!! :) So just over half way through the PCP and I could break even. TBH Audi have messed me around since late last year over the A5 coupe and it's put me off a bit (as in I'm fed up looking) maybe fate to hold out!

Was that an instant valuation from mike brewer?
I've just put my details in so I'll wait for a response..

Did you put it in on the sales website or on http://www.mikebrewerbuysyourcar.com?

Should be instant, just did mine

I used the one azibux1 used.

Lovely looking bmw fella...but reckon that will be a wee bit underpowered????

Reactions: David McQueen
Iv got one on hire now as a replacement while mines is in for repair,it's a 3L diesel and it can shift, been really surprised by it to be honest.
Though the dash looks very plastic looking.
The dogs love it when the roofs down lol

That's why I went for a M140i. Low interest big dealer contribution and better part ex.
Oh and no being made to wait around like I was at audi dealer.

My son has a 430d X drive in Silver with all the Carbon and M Performance bits and toys....as his Demo...its a Weapon....looks awesome in Silver....he could do you a right good deal....lol

Bit l know yer doing Audi AGAIN.....lol

@S32B the MB price seems pretty good and only just under what I got for my S3 last week. With regard what Audi are offering you, maybe the dealer/franchise you are dealing with are awash with A3/S3's at the moment hence the low offer.

Just a thought as I had the same situation with my dealer and when I asked them to match the offer I got from the regional buyer of another major franchise but they declined

My son has a 430d X drive in Silver with all the Carbon and M Performance bits and toys....as his Demo...its a Weapon....looks awesome in Silver....he could do you a right good deal....lol

Bit l know yer doing Audi AGAIN.....lol

Thought your lad worked for Audi?

@S32B With regard what Audi are offering you, maybe the dealer/franchise you are dealing with are awash with A3/S3's at the moment hence the low offer.
Could be, could also be the time of the year! I'm sure towards the end of summer last year we were all posting about how our PX prices had gone up.

I should have taken the Shrewsbury Audi offer in April at 22k, he said they can always sell quattro cars as they are on the border with Wales and in the winter all the lanes around there are lethal! Reason I didn't = the car I wanted had jumped in price by almost £700 seven days before with no other upgrades/extras on it...I just couldn't do it lol.

he said they can always sell quattro cars as they are on the border with Wales and in the winter all the lanes around there are lethal

Mime was collected from home in Hertfordshire and was heading straight to Llandudno

I've got 5 door auto with metallic, comfort pack, rear pdc, harmon kardon, heated seats.
It was a cancelled order so got basically all this for a base spec price.

I've got 5 door auto with metallic, comfort pack, rear pdc, harmon kardon, heated seats.
It was a cancelled order so got basically all this for a base spec price.
Yeah you'll get that because it's classed as a existing stock and you mean bang&olufsen

If you're after a M140i there's a little excel sheet that let's you play with the options and deposit so you get a monthly figure including all the discounts and adjusted GMFV. It's from TRL who are Berry Heathrow BMW. They basically have the best deals anywhere but you need to go through TRL, who really is a guy called Terry who works there. Go on to babybmw.net and all the info is on there. I tried to attach the file but I can't see how to do it.

I seriously looked at a M140i and this was simply the best deal you could get. It's also a great bargaining tool with whichever dealer you decide to use. You might know this already but I thought it was worth a mention. :)

MB has just offered me £22k.....they can go and **** themselves, as bad as WEBAC

@jassyo06 mine went for £21, 900 needed two alloys refurbing and 2 minor smart repairs and was immaculate apart form that as you know (not even any leather creases :)) and its currently on the Llandudno website for £26,500

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...2406,-3.82761,100,bGxhbmR1ZG5v/l|12,1,t_geo,U

I expect it took them around £400 to smarten it up and they will probably accept around £25K so a tidy £1500 profit if you factor in another £1000 of main dealer costs

was on Auto trader for £24K but all I got was grief from private buyers with only one serious buyer in a month

Problem for pvt sellers at the moment is its hard to get private finance for this sum of money and car finance from dealers is easy as getting drunk and falling over (and car finance companies are currently under government investigation I believe for sloppy lending preactices)

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEskimo
It's £240 more than @S32B and mine's is S-tronic my car is worth around £23500 but in 4 months time it won't change much

I think that's one good thing with these cars, like all cars they drop in value really quick at first but then they hold on to it for ages.

£1,500 out from WBAC and MB I don't think is that bad at all.

I think that's one good thing with these cars, like all cars they drop in value really quick at first but then they hold on to it for ages.

£1,500 out from WBAC and MB I don't think is that bad at all.

Trust me it's gash, been on the used seen for over a year l know what my car is worth mate, its in perfect condition with a load of options

i hired a new 3 series recently and i was actually shocked by how low the build quality seemed to be in comparison to my S3. It just didn't seem that well put together. How does the m140 compare in terms of build quality?

No complaints from me so far. Only thing I would say is the alloys don't seem to be finished as in the bolt holes are alot lighter to the face. Apparently a common thing with the ferric colour. Drives well lots of power and grip in this weather.

Must admit the BMW's are tempting me at the mo, especially the deals I've been offered on 340i/440i's with 2.9% apr finance
For me it HAS to be a petrol
Diesel is the devils fuel & as has already been widely reported, its killing the planet ... :D or is that :(

Reactions: David McQueen
My wife now wants an M4........she loves the power of mine. She says her 420d convertible doesn't sound as nice so wants the petrol version....

Reactions: DrEskimo