PFL to FL Dynamic Taillights conversion guide

I made it. Everything is ok now.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G988B przy użyciu Tapatalka

Again: Dont change too much in coding: for pfl led to fl led you can leave almost everything intact.
Changes are:
indicators outside to 127%
indicators inside remove from coding. (maybe we can also repin the ali express adapter and code this to 127% too, but not tested yet)
reverse light change to 127% or flickering will occor on rvc.

I have pfl sportback with pfl led. What means harness?
I have already solved the problem you are talking about.
Now I am looking for a solution to this problem. Inner lamps turn off when I close a car
0a797ab0a6aa0b178f02118a3ab81e67.gif

Ok Im not sure which problem you have solved.
from PreFaceLift LED to Facelift LED, you should have one wire per side that powers the red light as in video for both inner and outer light. If your inner red running light behaves different to outer light section then to me you have some issue with wiring. PreFaceLift uses separate wire for indicator on inner and outer light but Red running light uses one supply that runs between inner and outer light. So it would be useful to know what harness you used and what coding has been done

The problem was in the adaptations, not in the cables. I had intermittent voltage on two wires. I changed the adaptations on the position light channel and now it works properly.

Hi all, I've wired up as per the attached diagram but my inner brake lights aren't working, all other lights in and outer are working as expected with no coding, going from pfl led to fl led. Can anyone shed some light on what may be wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223_135844_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_135844_Samsung Internet.jpg
    918.5 KB · Views: 67
Hi all, I've wired up as per the attached diagram but my inner brake lights aren't working, all other lights in and outer are working as expected with no coding, going from pfl led to fl led. Can anyone shed some light on what may be wrong.
Brake is straight connection. Should work without coding unless you have turned it off with coding.
So you either dont have wires connected correct.
Or messed up on coding
Or faulty light.

This doesn't list a brake wire only a tail lamp wire which I'm assuming is the normal lights not the brake light? I've done no coding as of yet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223_151941_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_151941_Samsung Internet.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 64
This wire diagram is correct so irrespective of what is going on with inner light Your brake light should work.

This doesn't list a brake wire only a tail lamp wire which I'm assuming is the normal lights not the brake light? I've done no coding as of yet
Old outer connect pin 3 to new outer connector pin 3 for Brake is correct

Looking at this it looks like the inners don't have brake lights? Is this piece just a reflector?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223_163637_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_163637_Samsung Internet.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 55
Looking at this it looks like the inners don't have brake lights? Is this piece just a reflector?

Brake outside only
Not sure, dont think this part is even a reflector. Need to test it but definitely not light

Reactions: K1w1
Brake outside only
Not sure, dont think this part is even a reflector. Need to test it but definitely not light
Looks like everything is working as it around then, thanks for the help

Reactions: ZeA38VSport
Now I have a clicking sound coming from the box under the passenger seat when putting my foot on the brake and my left brake light is out... any ideas?

Now I have a clicking sound coming from the box under the passenger seat when putting my foot on the brake and my left brake light is out... any ideas?
Interestingly enough it's a clicking sound coming from the B and O amp under the passenger seat so it may be completely unrelated to the brake light outage, just odd it clicks when I push the brake pedal, only happens when the car is running too...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225_154510_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230225_154510_Samsung Internet.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 60
Sorry cant say why light has gone out
As for the noise, i would say that has got nothing to do with Brake function or the lights at the back.

All sorted had a wire shorted to ground, vcds to the rescue with fault codes...

Also is this coding really required? I'm not noticing any issues with this not done???
Again: Dont change too much in coding: for pfl led to fl led you can leave almost everything intact.
Changes are:
indicators outside to 127%
indicators inside remove from coding. (maybe we can also repin the ali express adapter and code this to 127% too, but not tested yet)
reverse light change to 127% or flickering will occor on rvc.

All sorted had a wire shorted to ground, vcds to the rescue with fault codes...

Also is this coding really required? I'm not noticing any issues with this not done???
You might not notice but if you dont change indicator to 127% then someone else behind you might notice :D
Apparently indicators go out of syn sometimes between inner and outer
Also 127% is correct parameter for those lights, to do with brightness. But yes you might not be able to tell so easily

Hi again, finally getting around to completing the coding but everytime I try to enter the security access code 31347 for the 09 Cent. Elect. module VCDS says:

Controller refused key! Error 00: Unknown (0x00)

Anyone know a working security code for this module in a 2016 pfl rs3?

Hi again, finally getting around to completing the coding but everytime I try to enter the security access code 31347 for the 09 Cent. Elect. module VCDS says:

Controller refused key! Error 00: Unknown (0x00)

Anyone know a working security code for this module in a 2016 pfl rs3?
I make and sell tail light change harness for A3 8V. I have never heard 31347 not working in 09 on any A3 8V, including Prefacelift and Facelift.
Your issue is something else Not wrong code.

I make and sell tail light change harness for A3 8V. I have never heard 31347 not working in 09 on any A3 8V, including Prefacelift and Facelift.
Your issue is something else Not wrong code.
Could it be not using a genuine vcds but a Aliexpress vcds copy?

Could it be not using a genuine vcds but a Aliexpress vcds copy?
There is a good chance of that. I send coding with harness and never heard the security access 31347 not working for anyone using vcds or obd11 pro

Anyone doing A3 8V Taillight conversion can send me PM if needing any info/help or harness/coding
There are multiple variations between 3 door 5 door and saloon/cabriolet, between PreFaceLift and Facelift, both Halogen and LED, connectors are different, and coding is different.
Hey mate, can you please help me out with the coding for pfl led to fl led, I have a proper vcds unit now

Hi all,
For anyone that is doing this pfl led to fl led dynamic tail light conversion in an Australian delivered RS3 Sportback see below for my coding in vcds, my lights were coded to channels 16,17,18,19 and the ones I turned off were on channels 16 and 17:

Please follow this at your own discretion, I take no responsibility if you make a mistake. If your BEFORE value doesnt match what I have below then STOP.

Go to 09-Cent. Elect. Module
Go to Security Access - 16
Enter 31347 as the security access key
Go to Adaption - 10
Search for each channel listed below (word of warning, start with the first on the list and finish with the last in the same sequence as written below, DO NOT change the "Lasttyp" variable before changing the "Lichtfunktion" variable or you'll have a whole heap of trouble on your hands, ask me how I know... If you cant find the channel by searching for the whole name just search for "HRC31" = Ch19, "HLA60" = Ch18, "KC3" = Ch17, "KC9" = Ch16 then just scroll through the channels list)
Change each channel as per the AFTER column.

Hope this helps those struggling with the coding :)

Cheers

CHANNELBEFOREAFTER
ENG116955-ENG116238-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Dimmwert AB 19
100​
127​
ENG116954-ENG116219-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Dimmwert AB 18
100​
127​
ENG116953-ENG116202-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion C 17Blinken rechts Dunkelphasenot active
ENG116953-ENG116198-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion A 17Blinken rechts Hellphasenot active
ENG116953-ENG116195-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lasttyp 1738 - LED Blinkleuchtennot active
ENG116953-ENG116568-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lampendefektbitposition 17
18​
0​
ENG116953-ENG116197-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 17
42​
0​
ENG116953-ENG116200-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Dimmwert AB 17
100​
0​
ENG116952-ENG116183-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion C 16Blinken links Dunkelphasenot active
ENG116952-ENG116179-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion A 16Blinken links Hellphasenot active
ENG116952-ENG116176-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lasttyp 1638 - LED Blinkleuchtennot active
ENG116952-ENG116567-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lampendefektbitposition 16
8​
0​
ENG116952-ENG116178-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 16
41​
0​
ENG116952-ENG116181-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Dimmwert AB 16
100​
0​