Facelift S3 Deal advice

Rolly12

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post so bare with me!

Looking at buying an S3 sportback in the very near future. Had a quote back recently from a dealer on a factory order with my spec including the following options:

Mag ride
19 inch alloys
Bang and olufsen
Super sport seats
Adaptive cruise
Folding mirrors
Matrix LED headlights
Privacy glass
Metallic paint (£550)

I think that's it all... however, the offer I'm getting is £3k down
£450 a month (roughly)
10k miles
4 years.

Is this a good deal or should I be looking at trying to get a bit more off?

All the best,
Rolly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a similar car but a few more options than that and pay just over 500 with 4k down... it doesnt sound bad tbh. Is this a black edition?

This is the bit I don't understand about car leasing as its a misnomer to say 'Buying'.

That's nigh on £25,000 paid out across 4 years and then you'll have nothing to show for it at the end - apart from some magical 'equity' which is just discount by any other name, no?

If I were in your shoes i'd definitely try to actually buy the thing, or something used / similar for around £25k, and have an asset at the end of, say, 5 years worth of similar payments.

This is the bit I don't understand about car leasing as its a misnomer to say 'Buying'.

That's nigh on £25,000 paid out across 4 years and then you'll have nothing to show for it at the end - apart from some magical 'equity' which is just discount by any other name, no?

If I were in your shoes i'd definitely try to actually buy the thing, or something used / similar for around £25k, and have an asset at the end of, say, 5 years worth of similar payments.

Exactly, its the difference between renting/leasing and buying. Some want a new car that they otherwise cant afford, like me. The monthly payments are doable and I get a new car. Sure its financially silly but its better than having it in the bank...

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rolly12

As useful a post as a chocolate teapot lol

Reactions: TDI-line, Tom.H, Djs3saloon and 2 others
Hi all,

First post so bare with me!

Looking at buying an S3 sportback in the very near future. Had a quote back recently from a dealer on a factory order with my spec including the following options:

Mag ride
19 inch alloys
Bang and olufsen
Super sport seats
Adaptive cruise
Folding mirrors
Matrix LED headlights
Privacy glass
Metallic paint (£550)

I think that's it all... however, the offer I'm getting is £3k down
£450 a month (roughly)
10k miles
4 years.

Is this a good deal or should I be looking at trying to get a bit more off?

All the best,
Rolly

That's a good deal for a £3k deposit

Reactions: Djs3saloon and OST
That's a good deal for a £3k deposit

Jassy,

Removed the 19" and mag ride to replace with s-tronic and tech pack. Still a good deal?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and OST
Jassy,

Removed the 19" and mag ride to replace with s-tronic and tech pack. Still a good deal?

Who gets an s3 without stronic!? Yes still good

Reactions: Jassyo06
Jassy,

It will be mate the S-tronic has a higher GFMV/residuals than the manual , yeah great combination with the technology package cracking spec, you just need to pick the right colour lol

Reactions: Rolly12
It will be mate the S-tronic has a higher GFMV/residuals than the manual , yeah great combination with the technology package cracking spec, you just need to pick the right colour lol

Unsure what colour to go for! Not gone black edition as not keen on the wheels... wish it was possible to spec the rs3 black/white rotor alloys

Reactions: Djs3saloon and Jassyo06
Navarra blue

Reactions: Jassyo06
Seems a bit high for 4yrs and £3k down...although you do have a pretty high spec!

Whats the ROTR price and whats the discount/price you are getting finance on?

Although, I've noticed a lot of changes on the finance side of things...

A price increase (£400 on the hatchback), a reduced deposit contribution (£1900 to £1500), lower GFV (was quoted £18,364.45 after 42m, now £17,794.45), and the only positive, a reduction of 0.2% on the APR (6.2% to 6%).

These all amount to a fair increase in price and now I'm re-thinking about keeping my order....

Seems a bit high for 4yrs and £3k down...although you do have a pretty high spec!

Whats the ROTR price and whats the discount/price you are getting finance on?
It's not high mate l put down £8500 and pay £380

Reactions: DrEskimo and OST
Coast2coast says I can get a car for just over £35k. The quote I've currently got is around £38.5k