Aux

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who might be able to help , I have a 59 plate s3 with the aux in port on the centre console and I am wondering if anyone who has this in there car and have a RNS-e as the head unit has been able to connect it to there RNS-e , Now I know there is a part that goes into the back off the RNS-e but I just wonder if this would be running under the centre console or is it just a dummy put in as I can't find anything inside the space where the head unit goes . cheers in advance:blackrs4::greyrs4::yellowrs4:

it did but there wasn't any connection to the back off the symphony unit and when i try a reset rnse i dont get anything

that link is cool but it looks like it is for the mk1 unit as i tried to follow the reset part and there is no CD on mine its media and once i pressed that nothing

Same reboot procedure. Hold on Radio+Setup

You need to follow the instructions to get it working with the RNSE. All part numbers required aswell as pin-outs are detailed.

i am reading your link to retrofitting as if you have an Aux already in your car you only need to move certain wires to the av connection on the back off the rns-e or am i reading the page wrong

Right OK you never said that

B1 -----------> 22
B3 -----------> 21
B7 -----------> 06

B being the blue connector on the quadlock.

Yes that's right. Take the three wires from the blue plug and then connect them to the correctly numbered pins on the auxiliary plug and you should be good. you might also need the rns-e coding to to enable aux if it's not already done.

Last edited:
Yes that's right. Take the three wires from the blue plug and then connect them to the correctly numbered pins on the auxiliary plug and you should be good. you might also need the rns-e coding to to enable aux if it's not already done.

thank you very much mate as you have explained it better now . as the link i was reading was for a mk1 unit and mine is a mk2 unit and wasnt sure if the wiring in the blue block was the same cheers again

Reactions: Matt268uk
Right OK you never said that

B1 -----------> 22
B3 -----------> 21
B7 -----------> 06

B being the blue connector on the quadlock.

thanks and sorry i never explained it better very new to all this electrical and modifications . Mind the front grille problem well git rid off 57 plate and got a 59plate and RS3 grille looks good lol

well lads.i am getting there have had rnse out and now see blue block have had that out too and see the wires i have to move so awaiting av connector then its full steam ahead amd if it all works i am due you 2 a virtual beer

If you use a straightened paperclip you should be able to press on the end of the connections and just pull the connection straight out the plug then it's just a matter of looking at the numbers on your AV plug and put in their wires in the right places. Hopefully your unit already has the aux enabled then just A matter of pressing the media button until you see the aux displayed on the screen.

had a look and looks simple enough even for an Auld yin like me , but as I was saying to the other person on this thread I read somewhere that the Brown wire was for the bose sound system and you moved that from number 7 and put it into 6 in the Blue block , so I then would only need to move across pin 1 and 3 to av connector if this is true not the whole 3 , well I am hoping I have read the other post correctly or I am going to look mighty stupid lol