Back to an S5

aliwtsnS5

Reaction score
So from having owned the S5 Coupe (V8) some 7 years ago then owning a M6 F13 Coupe for the past 2 years I have decided to go back to an S5. More practical and sensible dare I say it compared to the previous car I have just sold...

Sportback S5 in Nav Blue
Light and Vision Pack
B and O
Privacy Glass
Heated rear Seats

Ordered end of June and factory order dated 1st July with production to start Aug 20th, looking forward to getting the beast despite all the goings on with production upsets. Won't be holding my breath for the expected delivery date of end of Sept but will see.....

I was a member of the A5OC forum years ago but that seems a little dead so decided to join here as it seems like good reading

Reactions: Buck and Swelli
Congrats on the new car mate. I came to my S5 Sportback from an F10 M5 so very similar story to you, only my M5 was stolen which kind of forced the situation lol!

The S5 is obviously no where near the same league from a power and torque perspective, but the power is way more usable on a daily basis, in anything south of 10 degrees Celsius and mildly moist conditions the S5 would leave my M5 for dead from a standing start to 60mph so it does have its perks!

Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long!

Congrats mate, I have had my S5 coupe for just over 2 weeks coming from an RS3.

People seem to underestimate the power of the S5. May not have the KW of the big guns but the torque which kicks in at 1350 rpm really launches the car.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new car mate. I came to my S5 Sportback from an F10 M5 so very similar story to you, only my M5 was stolen which kind of forced the situation lol!

The S5 is obviously no where near the same league from a power and torque perspective, but the power is way more usable on a daily basis, in anything south of 10 degrees Celsius and mildly moist conditions the S5 would leave my M5 for dead from a standing start to 60mph so it does have its perks!

Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long!

Thanks for the reply , sorry to hear about the M5 situation. But yes totally agree with you there when it comes to usable power, unless it was warm and tyres up to temp I would be as well trying to accelerate in something with 200bhp as the M6's full power couldn't be used at all.

The S5 for me will be a good balance of luxury, power and space was what I was after so ticks all the boxes :heavycheck:

Last edited:
Reactions: R.A.G
Congrats mate, I have had my S5 coupe for just over 2 weeks coming from an RS3.

People seem to underestimate the power of the S5. May not have the KW of the big guns but the torque which kicks in at 1350 rpm really launches the car.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Cheers hsjyes, I have driven the RS3 and must say I was impressed. Can't fault the 5 pot for sound either.

I haven't actually driven the new S5 yet, I don't do alot of miles and was undecided for some time but knew a diesel wasn't really an option and after seeing the interior update from the previous model S5 that pretty much sold me on it. Don't get me wrong I spent the usual hours watching reviews on youtube and reading what people think on this forum so in essence someone did the test drive for me to make up my mind .

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. I'm sure you will enjoy the S5. Nice colour you have chosen as well. Look forward to the pics when you collect. Meanwhile, enjoy the forum :)

I had my eye on the S5 for about a year, and when they launched the new model with that interior I was sold. I just loved it. I test drove it and that pretty much sealed the deal. It might not be the most powerful car out there, but it has a good balance of everything in my opinion. I'm sure you will love it too.

I had my eye on the S5 for about a year, and when they launched the new model with that interior I was sold. I just loved it. I test drove it and that pretty much sealed the deal. It might not be the most powerful car out there, but it has a good balance of everything in my opinion. I'm sure you will love it too.

Thanks Chr15, I would have bought another S5 after my 2008 one I owned but there wasn't enough of an update on the interior so went BMW for a couple of years. But now.........Audi have got it right . You have to ask yourself how many times you drive a car to it's limits based on bhp, probably not alot so to have enough power to overtake, pull away from something safely and to accelerate out of junctions etc is always going to be a good deal plus the occasional bit of dynamic mode fun :yes:. I look forward to it.

Thanks Chr15, I would have bought another S5 after my 2008 one I owned but there wasn't enough of an update on the interior so went BMW for a couple of years. But now.........Audi have got it right . You have to ask yourself how many times you drive a car to it's limits based on bhp, probably not alot so to have enough power to overtake, pull away from something safely and to accelerate out of junctions etc is always going to be a good deal plus the occasional bit of dynamic mode fun :yes:. I look forward to it.

Those were my exact thoughts when switching from an S8(2006 V10 beast) to an S5 and it worked out just as I hoped! You wont be disappointed!

Those were my exact thoughts when switching from an S8(2006 V10 beast) to an S5 and it worked out just as I hoped! You wont be disappointed!

:iagree: It's good to hear all these comments from someone else who has down-powered so to speak but still find it "enough" power. Thanks....

Thanks for the reply , sorry to hear about the M5 situation. But yes totally agree with you there when it comes to usable power, unless it was warm and tyres up to temp I would be as well trying to accelerate in something with 200bhp as the M6's full power couldn't be used at all.

The S5 for me will be a good balance of luxury, power and space was what I was after so ticks all the boxes :heavycheck:

Absolutely, either the traction control killing the power or stick it in MDM and spin the cr@p out of the rear wheels, loved it in the summer but was a ball ache for the rest of the year!

I've owned a lot of nice cars that I haven't bonded with for one reason or another, but the S5 has hit a sweet spot for me, great all rounder!

Great thread, my S5 is now status 38 and the 1st September is still looking good. I came out of a 335d touring and loved it and actually ordered another till I had a visit to Audi, plus the impending launch of the new 3 series next year swayed me to cancel the BM. I also paid a visit to a local Mercedes garage to drive the C43 and declined the test drive after sitting in the car, I found the interior dull and quite claustrophobic compared to the S5 Sportback, I think the Audi cabin is the best on the market at present and Audi have always been class leaders in this arena.

Great thread, my S5 is now status 38 and the 1st September is still looking good. I came out of a 335d touring and loved it and actually ordered another till I had a visit to Audi, plus the impending launch of the new 3 series next year swayed me to cancel the BM. I also paid a visit to a local Mercedes garage to drive the C43 and declined the test drive after sitting in the car, I found the interior dull and quite claustrophobic compared to the S5 Sportback, I think the Audi cabin is the best on the market at present and Audi have always been class leaders in this arena.

Swelli, when was your order date as it shows on your audi if you don't mind me asking? Apologies if it is on another thread maybe I should have a look at some posts.

335d has a good bit of torque great for overtaking, after my previous BMW I had the 435d GC for a couple of days to try and that was on my list until I saw that Audi had updated their interior for the best. Likewise I went to MB and test drove the CLA45 AMG and the E43 AMG but the CLA was too much of a hot hatch feel with it's short wheel base and the E43 was more like something my dad would drive interior wise so....

Swelli, when was your order date as it shows on your audi if you don't mind me asking? Apologies if it is on another thread maybe I should have a look at some posts.

335d has a good bit of torque great for overtaking, after my previous BMW I had the 435d GC for a couple of days to try and that was on my list until I saw that Audi had updated their interior for the best. Likewise I went to MB and test drove the CLA45 AMG and the E43 AMG but the CLA was too much of a hot hatch feel with it's short wheel base and the E43 was more like something my dad would drive interior wise so....

When I log into "Your Audi" it says that the order was placed on the 31-5-17 but I actually placed the order at the end of June, I'm guessing they sold me pre-allocated stock which I'm not bothered about as its the exact spec I ordered.