Tire sizes....

Welshy

Reaction score
Got a set of 18" alloys that are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear what tire sizes will not rub? Ive got coilovers ready for fitting to so will be a bit lower....

Got a set of 18" alloys that are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear what tire sizes will not rub? Ive got coilovers ready for fitting to so will be a bit lower....
I have to say you have pushed your limits far to the end, do expect some rubbing with the setup you got

As for 8.5 go for 225 and 9.5 go for something that doesn't streches too far, perhaps 245 however you could still go for 235 which would have a good strech ok them too

Make sure you do measure your offset prior to the coilovers installation as you might not have enough clearance

What's the et?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You think? Some people run 19" 10j et35 rear lol! I do have some poke but it's what I want, min are et40 all around was thinking 215 35 front and 225 35 rear, I know there is 2 bumper bolts to remove as I know they catch.... I just went with the thing of most have done it so it will work kind if attitude lol! Wheels are new but months old still boxed and coilovers got here a few days ago, hopfully fitting them tomorrow

215/35 on your fronts will give not only paper-thin side profile, but they'll shorten the rolling radius of the wheels, giving an inaccurate speedo reading, 4.55% away from 225/40, the legal allowance being upto 1.5% (in either direction), also resulting in incorrect mileage in the long term, as you car (and its fuel tank) will think its done about 104.55 miles for every 100 miles its actually done.

I've heard 215 but was hoping 225/35, lucky I didn't go 19" as that would be out even more, guess nothing will be correct other than standard? I know it's not for everyone's taste

19 would have even made it worst lol
My brother put 215 on his BBS CK 18 8.5 last year and 215 for the tyres and had AP Coilovers and guess what... he regretted within just a week time and you must have seen his arches... OML the paint on the lips where almost gone to the prime layer and this happened because tyres were hot and touching the paint too many times for too long made this happened

At the end of the day car and setup you are after is all yours mate

What I'm suggesting over here is what I've seen and my own experience

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Welshy
Did he, I'm regretting it as I want to save but had new wheels for months and wanted it down a touch, well after today the coilovers are fitted, seems ok on the standard wheels but after a mate removed the top wiper cover they now don't work, blew 2 fuses but seems ok with a 20 amp frim a ten but still no washers or wipers, the car frustrates me lol