Fitting bigger drilled brake disks - 2.0TDi Quattro

Tommmygunnn

Reaction score
Just a quick one as ive tried looking this up but cant seem to find a definite answer.

I would like to fit some drilled/vented disks (A4 Avant 2.0TDI Quattro Special Edition 170) as Audi said front disks are worn and showed the video proving so. I believe my current standard disks are 312mm, will it be straight forward to fit 320mm disks and will they fit with my standard calipers?

Im looking at the Brembo 320mm which Eurocarparts lists as compatible.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...e568fe81b4b2f79978f3c307f66d1de29059b7&000027

Also looking at these brembo pads if suitable
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...brake-friction/brake-pad/?10144175A&1&&000036

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

Reactions: Jack Kelly
If you'your current brakes are 312 and you want 320
You'll need calipers, carriers and the 320mm discs.
Yol need the same calipers s4 uses but with smaller carriers for the 320mm discs.
In case you find the calipers without carriers I have some 320 carriers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tommmygunnn
i have a nice pair of calipers and carriers from my special edition.....oem will go straight on with shields...just sort out some discs and your sorted.
Rt1

Reactions: Tommmygunnn
Are those 320?
They look 345 like s4.
They do look great tho.

factory fittement on my 2.0tfsi special edition 220bhp avant .
320 vented disks and matching calipers, calipers are the same as s4's but carriers are a shade smaller for use with 320mm discs.....if you fitted some s4 carriers to the calipers then 345mm discs will be a straight fit.
they work well but these work much better..

Mt1

factory fittement on my 2.0tfsi special edition 220bhp avant .
320 vented disks and matching calipers, calipers are the same as s4's but carriers are a shade smaller for use with 320mm discs.....if you fitted some s4 carriers to the calipers then 345mm discs will be a straight fit.
they work well but these work much better..

View attachment 133244
Yeah. I know..
I have a complete s4 setup to put on my car.
Oh hell yeah. I wish I could get my hands on one of those.
Those are some serious badass brakes right there. Like it a lot

Don't know if you are aware but some drilled discs can start cracking around the holes.
Obviously the better brands are less likely to crack but do keep a an eye on them. Never known a problem with the grooved ones though.

Don't know if you are aware but some drilled discs can start cracking around the holes.
Obviously the better brands are less likely to crack but do keep a an eye on them. Never known a problem with the grooved ones though.

Sooty, i have been runningdrilled on the BMW for 6 years and only gone through 2 sets, (they got thin and never cracked), also had them on race car with no issues,
I would say i only ever run good quality (brembo, AP), so may be true with cheap makes but never had an issue

I only heard stories about them cracking under extreme abuse.
For daily driving they should perform well..

If your still looking for 320mm calipers, i have a set of B5 S4 calipers i've just removed from a breaker. They will work perfectly with the drilled 320mm disks linked above (i've used the same ones myself).

They have been recently refurbished and are in very good condition. Only wanting £60 for them.