N/S Windscreen Wiper doesn't sit flush against screen

Does your passenger side wiper rubber sit flush against the windscreen in the rest postion

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Umaar

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have 2007 Sportback and the passenger side wiper does not sit flush against the windscreen in the rest position (2-3 inches from the side closest to the edge of the screen). On wiping the screen it doesnt fully wipe the screen to the edge of the blade till its moved around 6 inches in its motion when it has full contact with the windscreen. This has been annoying me since I have bought the car 2 years ago.

I have had 3 genuine screens and 2 pilkington screens in this time and all seem to have this issue to the same or slightly lesser degree. Theres a 2011 S3 sportback in the car park and that looks like its got the same issue. Is this a common design fault? I have also have new genuine wiper blades.

Arm has been replaced too but no joy. I always look at a3/s3s in car parks and a lot of the ones I have seen have the same issue but then there are some that don't.

Mine sits off slightly aswell only really notice when it's resting slightly higher. The rest position changes each time the wiper is activated so the wiper blade doesn't keep its shape if it's always resting in one side.

Mine sits off slightly aswell only really notice when it's resting slightly higher. The rest position changes each time the wiper is activated so the wiper blade doesn't keep its shape if it's always resting in one side.

Thanks, I believe this is quite common from the A3s and S3s I have looked at but I have seen a couple that don't do this as well. Of the 5 windscreens I have had its been the case on 3 of them they haven't sat flush against the screen which is for the genuine Audi Guardian and Pilkington screens. The S3 in the work car park has a genuine Audi Guardian screen and has the same issue but slightly less than mine.