Facelift steering wheel on pre facelift car?

Tom Shields

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting a facelift steering wheel on a pre facelift car?
I am thinking about doing this but wasn't sure about how feasible it was going to be.

It's plug n play if you have the correct steering wheel... You'll need the non-VC button set steering wheel from FL 8V, becareful not to get the 8W, they look the same but they're dual stage airbag where 8V is single stage...

Reactions: DJAlix
It's plug n play if you have the correct steering wheel... You'll need the non-VC button set steering wheel from FL 8V, becareful not to get the 8W, they look the same but they're dual stage airbag where 8V is single stage...
What are the differences between the two?

Screw that malarky, just get an 8V and be done with it.

Can we use the dual stage airbag on 8V steering wheel? For A3.

Vice versa would like to know if it's possible to use a single stage airbag on the B9 A4. Looking to swap w a friend

Hi ! Please tell me is this possible that this is plug and play? I mean FL steering wheel retrofitted in pre facelift car ?

Has anyone tried putting a facelift steering wheel on a pre facelift car?
I am thinking about doing this but wasn't sure about how feasible it was going to be.

Did you ever get this completed mate? I’m looking to do the same.

Reactions: Toonsoldier91