New Insurance Quote On A3 1.8T 1999

shawshankuk

Glu Kru
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just my insurance renewl quote through and I think I could do better.

I have a 1999 A3 1.8T Price of the car is 5500 pounds. I'm 25 with 4 years no claims and never had a claim. I've had my licence for 6 years and I have 3 points.

The quote I got was from my current insurer Zurich and they want 555 pounds for a years fully comp working out at 48.59 a month with the tax/interest added on. They are only lowering it by 20 pounds a month from last year.

I've just turned 25 on Jan 26 and I thought when you hit 25 your insurance is supposed to go down a quite a bit

I dont have any modifications declared and I dont intend to either.

I would prefer to hear from all 1.8T owners and what quote they have to see if I'm getting a good deal but all replies are welcome.

Count yourself lucky. Im 20 and I pay 122 quid per month on a 10 month policy and its only TPFT (3 years no claims and a spotless license).

Getting my pants pulled down I know, but no one else would touch a young scamp like me. I'm high risk (apparently)!

christ, you are unlucky ben, im paying £130 a month on mine, also aged 20, but with 1 year NCB, and a crash against me 2 years ago!

that said, ive recently got a quote, for when i renew in april of £750 tpft which will be less than half the monthly cost :D

i also found it strangely difficult to get quotes on a 1.8T when i was 19 first insuring my car....

Back in the day....way back.... I was paying £100 a month TPFT on my XR3i. When I hit 25 that dropped to about £480 fully comp.

Surely it should have dropped further than £20 a month???

Give confused.com a go.

i pay £670 for a 10 month policy. fully comp. ive got 0yrs no claims and 3 points SP30. ive got a 1.8T quattro, so i think yours should be less than that. oh im 22.
shop around i think.

Right, I spent the most of last night surfing the net trying to get cheaper car insurance. I know its sad to be stuck in on a Saturday night but I was so determined after reading a few of you folks replies and it does seem that I should be getting my insurance for less than 555.

I tried nearly all insurance search engines and the best quote I got was for 1 years fully comp plus you get free break down cover for 412 pounds which works out to 38 pounds or so a month. Just saved myself 130 pounds.

I got the quote with More Than. I'm waiting to hear back from greenlight insurance which I declared all my mods with and was told they are pretty good but if its more than more than ( Confusing ) I will be going with more than.

Will let you all know how I get on.

try adrian flux been with them for 5 years now. just lost almost 3yrs ofmy no claims before christmas when i wrote of my ibiza cupra. for my s3 i'm now paying £758 fully comp 1yrs no claims, 3 points (ts10) and i'm 27. way better than elephant or the like. give them a call will do no harm.

Gaz

Im 28, 6 years NCB, standard 1.8 T Sport kept on the drive.......

£270 year with Directline...

im 19 almost 20 and pay 1190 for a year! with 3 points on my license and two crashes which happened 2 years ago!

what the ****? herby1 where do u live? buckingham palace?

where i live my insurance is £1256 a year fully comp im 21, 0 NCB and driving 3 years.

direct line is good for me too.

s3, 22, 2years NCB, no points , no crashes, £680 a year

shawshankuk said:
Right, I spent the most of last night surfing the net trying to get cheaper car insurance. I know its sad to be stuck in on a Saturday night but I was so determined after reading a few of you folks replies and it does seem that I should be getting my insurance for less than 555.

I tried nearly all insurance search engines and the best quote I got was for 1 years fully comp plus you get free break down cover for 412 pounds which works out to 38 pounds or so a month. Just saved myself 130 pounds.

I got the quote with More Than. I'm waiting to hear back from greenlight insurance which I declared all my mods with and was told they are pretty good but if its more than more than ( Confusing ) I will be going with more than.

Will let you all know how I get on.

Not sure if i've got the wrong end of the stick or not...

Are you declaring your mods for some quotes and not others? If so, that isn't a great idea. Insurance companies share information to prevent fraud. If you insure your car as un-modified but have previously had quotes on it as modified you may find yourself subject to a more thorough than usual investigation in the event of a claim; even if it's a no-fault claim against a third party their insurer could use it as a reason not to pay out.

2000 A3 1.8T Quattro Sport

21 years old, 3 claims, 3 points, 0 NCB

not sure about how much monthly, but it was £1350 for the year

which i was very happy with

Got a quote from Green Light insurance. I delcared my Alloys and suspension lowered 40mm. They only want 382 pounds a year so going to take it.

If you ask me, I think that is a superb price unless anyone can come up with something better when declaring their mods.

Cheers for everyones help on this.

herby, who is your insurance with, that seems quite cheap for someone of your age

Adrian Flux, Fully Comp 5 yrs NCD Protected. 22 Yrs old. Declared exhaust, tints, Alloys. Sutton Coldfield. £857

shollis, that is extrememly cheap insurance mate.
Ive got something like 10years NCB, am 29, and im sure mine was about £475 or something. This was with First Alternative. Whos is yours with chap?

Mine is with Directline.

It is probably slightly lower than normal due to the fact that I think I get a 10% discount as the house insurance is with them as well but it still shocked me at how cheap it was. That is with the car on the drive in a semi rural small town in South Derbyshire and the Mrs's on it as well.

On a similar note I have just had the renewal through for my Spitfire and that is £71 fully comp, unlimited mileage! Dont you just love classic insurance!! My Integrale was also on a classic policy and was £400 but was limited to 5000 miles a year.

Adrain Flux insurance.....0870 077 2266
i pay 337 for the year with all mods declared, fullycomp

try churchil, 23 with 5yrs no claims is £580 fully comp on an S3

oh man, they've stopped allowing animated gifs as avatars! Just changed mine and it converts it to a low quality jpg........

Age limits depends on Insurer, in 2001 I bought a Celica 190 and was 29 at the time, full NCD, no points many insurers wouldn't even quote until I was over 30 on that type of car. Shop around!!