Facelift *button drive select ?

LuckyLee

Reaction score
Is anybody else having problems with the star button. I've set it to change the drive select mode.
On the PFL it worked really well each & every time I pressed the button.
On my FL it seems really random. It now changes the display on the pop up screen. There are times I press it in the hope of a quick cycle to dynamic but it doesn't even work. Annoying me now lol any ideas anyone.

Mine is the same. Sometimes it stops doing anything and I have to go into the MMI and reset the function.

It's a common problem on the facelifts, I have an S3 and quite often have to re select what the * button does. It's a bit shoddy if you ask me, there are a few bugs on the facelifts.

I use mine as the shortcut to silence / start the voice guidance on the nav, I've had two 8V's now (PFL and FL) and never lost the setting once in over 2 years.

I use mine as the shortcut to silence / start the voice guidance on the nav, I've had two 8V's now (PFL and FL) and never lost the setting once in over 2 years.

I keep voice guidance on mute, if I'm ever wondering what she has to say there's a dedicated button on the steering wheel to make her talk. :D

I guess if I drove in unknown locales I might have it on but I usually find audio cues more distracting than helpful.