engine mount

tomjones333

Reaction score
Just had the AA out only for them to say the engine mounting on the drivers side loks as if its come away from the engine, car out of warrenty due to millage 2004 66000 miles anyone had this happen to them and whats this gonna cost me.

... a fortune probably! they will prob have to take the engine out i guess to sort this - at £95 an hour that aint cheap!

Depending on which engine it is you might be able to lift one side of the engine up and replace it, i don't think it will be a full engine out job unless room is very tight in the engine bay.

does sound too good, has the rubber gone or the actual casting on the engine mount?

RobinA3 said:
has the rubber gone or the actual casting on the engine mount?
Yeah I'd like to know what happened too! Engine mounts these days are usually damped, but they are such an integral part of a car's structure that they shouldn't simply break. Very strange.

Just had a look at the service documents and last april it had a full service including a cambelt change, so either they didnt replace the bolts properly or its a manifacturs fault, Oh the mount has snapped in half. its the part that is bolted onto the engine the side by the cambelt, looks like the bolts have com out or something.thing is its was on 60000 when they did the cambelt and service and its only on 64000 now so its not had that much use nut just out of warrenty

tomjones333 said:
Just had a look at the service documents and last april it had a full service including a cambelt change, so either they didnt replace the bolts properly or its a manifacturs fault, Oh the mount has snapped in half. its the part that is bolted onto the engine the side by the cambelt, looks like the bolts have com out or something.thing is its was on 60000 when they did the cambelt and service and its only on 64000 now so its not had that much use nut just out of warrenty

As you are only just out of warranty, I wouls contact Audi customer services, I had a similar issue with a bad oil leak about a month after a service, again just out of warranty. I suspected that the work which had been done to my car recently might have contributed to the leak so I emailed customer services and as a goodwill jesture they agreed to rectify the problem - worth a try in your case.