Headlight Tab Repair

Tempz

Reaction score
Hi all,
Few months ago my car was involved in a minor collision and the passenger side headlight sticks out a bit now due to a broken tab/lug. Can these be repaired? Pretty sure I've heard of a lug repair kit.

Thanks

Buy the kit from audi, about £25 or so.

Dremel is your friend for this job..

Reactions: t8ups
Or do you think a headlight from salvage would be better?

What year is your car, can pick up a pre facelift headlight for as little as £25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009, so facelift DRL halogen not xenon I should've added.

Managed to get a headlight off eBay. Is it a bumper off job to fit it?

Yes bumper off would make this a pretty simple swap. its not really a long job to do just remember there’s a 10mm bolt on each side at the very top after you’ve removed all the torx screws all the way around. You might also want to put an old quilt cover or something similar for you number to rest on once you pull it from your car.

Should be a Youtube video for bumper removal, follow that. If you're contemplating changing/upgrading other bulbs, do them all at the same time. Allow a short day to do this the first time, after that you'll be an expert and the same job will take you 90mins. When re- fitting the bumper pay attention to the gap between the top of the bumper and the leading edge of the bonnet and don't forget to replace the foam bumper on the crash bar as I did :sm4:.