Well I guess my 4th S3 in a row was just inevitable

The Challinor

Reaction score
Website
www.businessguysit.com
It's well documented on here that I've owned each generation of S3 since I was 19 and I'm 30 next August! Bar a couple of Punto's and a Corsa 1.8 SRI I've not known owned anything else, driven plenty of cars in that time but I've always had an S3.

The Hulk is due back end of September next year and considering it was a 7 month wait for custom paint I decided to start having a look around.

I actually said to myself that I'd have something new as having the same car again, albeit it a facelift model was pretty nuts. I know the new S3 is not due to 2018 / 2019 and obviously I need a car long before that. I fancy a 5 door just for convenience, hanging up the coat, rear passengers, access, etc - all the important stuff.

With all this in mind I looked and test drove all the candidates I was considering mainly an A45 AMG and a 335D. I tried really hard to get excited and like these other cars but ultimately they were just not for me.

Long story short I felt the A45 cramped compared to the S3 and the 335D its great is a straight line but being a saloon the handling wasn't there IMO compared to a hot hatch ( the manual hand brk and lack off Hold Assist annoyed me too ). Both cars also I feel fell short on styling and interior quality.

So I got to thinking, hey Audi make a car that ticks all my boxes and its just happens to be the car I've been driving by extension for the past 10 years haha.

I'll be gaining CarPlay, Virtual Cockpit, updated MMI, a 7th gear, 0.2 seconds to 60 quicker and pretty sweet revised exterior styling plus another nice bright bold colour and a couple of extra doors. Decided on the Sportback ( with roof rails, I have to mention that as they look epic when dressed up like a mini estate ).

I was going to wait until the end of my term on the S3 but once you start looking you get damn excited so going get it ordered I think, guessing will be March sometime when I meet my 4th S3!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Rolly12, Audi Bairn and 9 others
That was a long honeymoon mate - welcome back !!

What colour this time ?????

Reactions: The Challinor
You'll get exclusive paint far quicker now= 4 months, that's if Audi don't stop them like they done last year as they weren't available for 5 months

Reactions: Rob2k68
You'll get exclusive paint far quicker now= 4 months, that's if Audi don't stop them like they done last year as they weren't available for 5 months

My Exclusive RS3 will have been 5 months to delivery, can’t really complain.

Reactions: Rob2k68
My Exclusive RS3 will have been 5 months to delivery, can’t really complain.

The RS3 of yours is exclusive is it..... I thought they were readily available lol

Reactions: Rolly12, Audi Bairn, AudiNutta and 1 other person
That was a long honeymoon mate - welcome back !!

What colour this time ?????

Thanks mate, well this time around they actually have 2 colours I think that are quite smart on the tick list. Vegas Yellow ( similar to Imola yellow on my 1st S3 ) and Ara Blue ( similar to Sprint on my 2nd S3 ).

I really liked Vegas when the S1 launched but just decided they were a little small for my as the wife has a A1.

So going down the lines of Vegas Yellow, black edition with black roof rails. I was tempted by a outlandish orange or Porsche Riviera Blue but considering there is a colour I really like for £2,000 less it seemed mad not too. Next time around on the new S3 the colours may be dark again

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and LiamRS
It's well documented on here that I've owned each generation of S3 since I was 19 and I'm 30 next August! Bar a couple of Punto's and a Corsa 1.8 SRI I've not known owned anything else, driven plenty of cars in that time but I've always had an S3.

The Hulk is due back end of September next year and considering it was a 7 month wait for custom paint I decided to start having a look around.

I actually said to myself that I'd have something new as having the same car again, albeit it a facelift model was pretty nuts. I know the new S3 is not due to 2018 / 2019 and obviously I need a car long before that. I fancy a 5 door just for convenience, hanging up the coat, rear passengers, access, etc - all the important stuff.

With all this in mind I looked and test drove all the candidates I was considering mainly an A45 AMG and a 335D. I tried really hard to get excited and like these other cars but ultimately they were just not for me.

Long story short I felt the A45 cramped compared to the S3 and the 335D its great is a straight line but being a saloon the handling wasn't there IMO compared to a hot hatch ( the manual hand brk and lack off Hold Assist annoyed me too ). Both cars also I feel fell short on styling and interior quality.

So I got to thinking, hey Audi make a car that ticks all my boxes and its just happens to be the car I've been driving by extension for the past 10 years haha.

I'll be gaining CarPlay, Virtual Cockpit, updated MMI, a 7th gear, 0.2 seconds to 60 quicker and pretty sweet revised exterior styling plus another nice bright bold colour and a couple of extra doors. Decided on the Sportback ( with roof rails, I have to mention that as they look epic when dressed up like a mini estate ).

I was going to wait until the end of my term on the S3 but once you start looking you get damn excited so going get it ordered I think, guessing will be March sometime when I meet my 4th S3!
Nice one mate, I also looked at other makes but nothing came close to the interior of the Audi. And £ for £ nothing could come close to the price either!

Give me a shout when you are selling your current S3! I know a bloke that will have it off you and give you at least £1,000 more than Audi! ;)

Reactions: The Challinor
And i thought I was seriously flawed for owning the same car 3 times...:racer::racer:

I understand completely mate! When i got in the A45 AMG -even though the car is comparable to the RS3 and not the S3- I felt the interior was put together by a class of 8 year olds. Especially that stupid looking tablet thing in the middle of the dash. Seriously Mercedes, couldn't you find a screen that pops up or has a slimmer border? My grandmother owned better looking picture frames!

And as far as BMW's are concerned, i feel that you need to spec them up twice as much as the equivalent Audi to get the same kind of car. I was looking at the 2 series coupe, the 228 or 230 or whatever they call the 2.0 turbo these days, but i never got that feeling of "welcome home, have a seat, enjoy your self in this car" ...

Excellent choice at the end of the day man! If I were you, i would also consider that orange color they recently released, compared to the last (8P's) generation orange, it looks the business!

/George

Reactions: The Challinor and AudiNutta
Classy...... You mean, hope you've booked it in for a bonnet and bumper xpel coating...... Before you even drive it

Yes classy :D Especially with Lunar!

You bet I have! It’s booked in with Reep Midlands, for Llumar PPF. It’s going on a transporter from dealer to PPF.

Bonnet, Bumper and Wings.

Reactions: MattSedg
I’ve gone from A3 > S3 > RS3, haha!

Well at least that's an "evolution" man!

No seriously, i would love to get an S4 this time round. I feel it would be a more "mature choice" for me. However there is a number here in Greece with our commie government that if you go above, taxation on new cars rises like 180%, so i felt that working more than 70% of my time to pay for taxes would be an overkill. I settled for a more reasonable 60% :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
Yes classy :D Especially with Lunar!

You bet I have! It’s booked in with Reep Midlands, for Llumar PPF. It’s going on a transporter from dealer to PPF.

Bonnet, Bumper and Wings.
Just remember a panel covered in ppf doesn't have as much lustre as one that doesn't

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Yep unfortunately :( Hopefully it won’t be noticeable until a couple of feet away at least.

My car hasn't been driven really since l drove it up from London, it's been left in the drive until l find the dosh to get detailed and the xpel applied.....

Nice one mate, I also looked at other makes but nothing came close to the interior of the Audi. And £ for £ nothing could come close to the price either!

Give me a shout when you are selling your current S3! I know a bloke that will have it off you and give you at least £1,000 more than Audi! ;)

Not actually thought about selling mine yet

And i thought I was seriously flawed for owning the same car 3 times...:racer::racer:

I understand completely mate! When i got in the A45 AMG -even though the car is comparable to the RS3 and not the S3- I felt the interior was put together by a class of 8 year olds. Especially that stupid looking tablet thing in the middle of the dash. Seriously Mercedes, couldn't you find a screen that pops up or has a slimmer border? My grandmother owned better looking picture frames!

And as far as BMW's are concerned, i feel that you need to spec them up twice as much as the equivalent Audi to get the same kind of car. I was looking at the 2 series coupe, the 228 or 230 or whatever they call the 2.0 turbo these days, but i never got that feeling of "welcome home, have a seat, enjoy your self in this car" ...

Excellent choice at the end of the day man! If I were you, i would also consider that orange color they recently released, compared to the last (8P's) generation orange, it looks the business!

/George

I have mates with the A45 and the 335d and I do agree with your comments. I know solar Orange was on the 8P, what’s this new orange then? Glut Orange?

Well at least that's an "evolution" man!

No seriously, i would love to get an S4 this time round. I feel it would be a more "mature choice" for me. However there is a number here in Greece with our commie government that if you go above, taxation on new cars rises like 180%, so i felt that working more than 70% of my time to pay for taxes would be an overkill. I settled for a more reasonable 60% :)

S4 is all good and well but like the 3 series a test drove literally don’t think you can beat the 8V for handling, just something about how the smaller cars handle imo.

Thanks mate, well this time around they actually have 2 colours I think that are quite smart on the tick list. Vegas Yellow ( similar to Imola yellow on my 1st S3 ) and Ara Blue ( similar to Sprint on my 2nd S3 ).

I really liked Vegas when the S1 launched but just decided they were a little small for my as the wife has a A1.

So going down the lines of Vegas Yellow, black edition with black roof rails. I was tempted by a outlandish orange or Porsche Riviera Blue but considering there is a colour I really like for £2,000 less it seemed mad not too. Next time around on the new S3 the colours may be dark again

Your onto a winner there mate! Here’s mine, not seem any about in black edition guise up here either, always a bonus.

Attachments

• ADA674B4-09FB-4DBA-AD26-9500C79361BB.jpeg
    ADA674B4-09FB-4DBA-AD26-9500C79361BB.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 346
  • 95C35B6D-B540-40DE-9D02-E267CF80C164.jpeg
    95C35B6D-B540-40DE-9D02-E267CF80C164.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 334
  • A6D57797-C483-47CF-9DE4-F274712BEBC2.jpeg
    A6D57797-C483-47CF-9DE4-F274712BEBC2.jpeg
    635.4 KB · Views: 346
Reactions: batch, Pinky1959, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I have mates with the A45 and the 335d and I do agree with your comments. I know solar Orange was on the 8P, what’s this new orange then? Glut Orange?
Glut Orange is also known as Solar Orange, the colour discription "Glut Orange" is used in other countries /global markets

My car hasn't been driven really since l drove it up from London, it's been left in the drive until l find the dosh to get detailed and the xpel applied.....

PPF is silly expensive but it’s one of those things, after spending £2400 on paint it seems stupid to not take measures to protect it.

Glut Orange is also known as Solar Orange, the colour discription "Glut Orange" is used in other countries /global markets

I am referring to this one specifically:

http://www.quattrodaily.com/audi-shows-s3-sedan-glut-orange-paint/

Their previous orange was called "solar orange" or something of the sort, and I only saw it once up close, and I was thankful i didn't option for it :)

This one on the other hand... if I could I would go back to the day I ordered mine and go for it, keep it as a secret from my wife, and ambush here once it arrived :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and TYb
I am referring to this one specifically:

http://www.quattrodaily.com/audi-shows-s3-sedan-glut-orange-paint/

Their previous orange was called "solar orange" or something of the sort, and I only saw it once up close, and I was thankful i didn't option for it :)

This one on the other hand... if I could I would go back to the day I ordered mine and go for it, keep it as a secret from my wife, and ambush here once it arrived :)
That's Solar Orange, as l said they call glut orange in other countries and that's a few years old that photo

Your onto a winner there mate! Here’s mine, not seem any about in black edition guise up here either, always a bonus.

Wow, these pics will keep me going on the wait :pride:

I really fancy the Rotor Grey but a few people I've spoke to are unsure about it with the Vegas Yellow and the black pack. Can you post some more pictures please including interior?

No local dealer has a car with Rotor Grey...

Reactions: LiamRS
Wow, these pics will keep me going on the wait :pride:

I really fancy the Rotor Grey but a few people I've spoke to are unsure about it with the Vegas Yellow and the black pack. Can you post some more pictures please including interior?

No local dealer has a car with Rotor Grey...

Rock grey leather you mean yeah it's pretty rare

I had the Lunar in my previous one with the sepang and was lovely. Hate black interiors so had to be the rotor grey. Saw a VY R8 in the showroom with the same combo and was sold. It looks awesome imo, if anything I wish it was lighter but really classy looking and with the extended leather pack just sets it all off. Got these photos at hand, not the best but you get the jist.

Also away to throw these 19” rotors back on but can’t make up my mind... maybe need to get them coated in a darker colour!?

Attachments

• 15A99179-CBD7-46F5-8E34-FF1D335AC134.jpeg
    15A99179-CBD7-46F5-8E34-FF1D335AC134.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 320
  • 02C30A42-50DB-4657-B7BC-09F4DA474657.jpeg
    02C30A42-50DB-4657-B7BC-09F4DA474657.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 321
  • 3788A001-255A-4334-A7F4-7675D2771ABE.jpeg
    3788A001-255A-4334-A7F4-7675D2771ABE.jpeg
    686 KB · Views: 313
Reactions: David McQueen
I had the Lunar in my previous one with the sepang and was lovely. Hate black interiors so had to be the rotor grey. Saw a VY R8 in the showroom with the same combo and was sold. It looks awesome imo, if anything I wish it was lighter but really classy looking and with the extended leather pack just sets it all off. Got these photos at hand, not the best but you get the jist.

Also away to throw these 19” rotors back on but can’t make up my mind... maybe need to get them coated in a darker colour!?

Nicest interior/exterior combination i have seen on an audi, that is spot on especially with the car colour really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm being tight on principle so can't add the Mono Pur as I was tempted along with a few other things, I ain't paying no premium car tax haha - only off by £30!

I specced Luna Silver on mine and changed my mind, no idea why - it was over 3 and a half years ago now though.

Going go for Rotor Grey, a dealer today was a proper **** about it and advised against it with Vegas Yellow due to re-sale etc. I was like its my car and I'll do what I want!

I can't deal with black again and with it being a lighter color, I feel that it goes.

P.S. How did you paint your Audi rings black, plasti-dip, etc - looks really smart at the back.

Going go for Rotor Grey, a dealer today was a proper **** about it and advised against it with Vegas Yellow due to re-sale etc. I was like its my car and I'll do what I want!
P.S. How did you paint your Audi rings black, plasti-dip, etc - looks really smart at the back.

It was the opposite for me with the Lunar, my dealership couldn't get it prepped fast enough, as went the same week i handed it back and with a premium price on it too.

I bought the rings on Ebay, just make sure you get the facelift sized ones, as i made that mistake on the front and back first time round and they were too small. The rear was a bit of PITA to take off and refit but worth it in the end. few folk have asked if Audi put them on as standard, as goes so well with the paint and black pack.:pride:

@The Challinor - Another S3 eh ?
The banana yellow does suit the smaller Audi's IMHO
What about nogaro ?

I'm busy looking at alternatives for my S4 at the mo
I have a cheapo lease deal 'in my pocket' but just can't decide at the mo TBH
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-mystery-blue-mk3-seat-leon-cupra-300-5-door-manual.340323/

I'm trying to stay away from mew car show rooms at the mo, but the pull is going to get the better of me soon lol

Not sure if Rock Grey and Rotor Grey are the same but its Rotor Grey on the S3 options.

Yeah its rotor grey as you so rightly state....but rotor/rock grey is grey....lol and at best the medium grey leather would only suit a very dark exterior paint colour,l aint a fan of Audis black leather either but l had no choice in this matter.....but l Chavved it up a wee bit with red stitching, expensive but well worth it...if l where you l'd swing for the black SS seats

What about nogaro ?

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-mystery-blue-mk3-seat-leon-cupra-300-5-door-manual.340323/

I'm trying to stay away from mew car show rooms at the mo, but the pull is going to get the better of me soon lol

Aw Naw.......lol it's happening again.....Noggy common but classy...l must admit

Aw Naw.......lol it's happening again.....Noggy common but classy...l must admit
@jassyo06 - Ssshhh don't tell anyone tho' ... :D

Nogaro blue ? All time classic Audi-Sport colour IMHO
My fave !
BUT I do like that voodoo colour mind ...
Oh to have £2k+ to spend on exclusive paint :(

It was the opposite for me with the Lunar, my dealership couldn't get it prepped fast enough, as went the same week i handed it back and with a premium price on it too.

I bought the rings on Ebay, just make sure you get the facelift sized ones, as i made that mistake on the front and back first time round and they were too small. The rear was a bit of PITA to take off and refit but worth it in the end. few folk have asked if Audi put them on as standard, as goes so well with the paint and black pack.:pride:

Yer I may get a wrapping / paint-shop place to do it, the thought of prizing off a badge next to all that fancy paintwork scares me

What about nogaro ?

Yep, another S3 - may get a 10th anniversary badge for this one . My first One back in 2006/2007 was in Imola Yellow. Time feels right as trying work out for the New New S3 in 2020 odd. I have a few colours on my yes list but considering this is a £550 vs £2,500 option seemed daft not to have it. Always loved Vegas with the black pack off the S1.

Wow, that’s a change! So the Seat ain’t a done deal then? If your still looking after posting / ordering the Seat then maybe it’s not the car for you. I’ve looked / test drove so many cars and come back to the S3 so that’s really told me something!

@jassyo06 - Ssshhh don't tell anyone tho' ... :D

Nogaro blue ? All time classic Audi-Sport colour IMHO
My fave !
BUT I do like that voodoo colour mind ...
Oh to have £2k+ to spend on exclusive paint :(

Worth it though