DAB Radio help please

dt-tdi

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking at upgrading my RNSE with Bose system plus steeering wheel controls in my 2006 A4 so that I can listen to DAB Radio.
Does anyone have any stereo replacement recommendations or gadgets that I can use with the current standard setup?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Dave,

I fitted a Pioneer AVIC-F80 headunit to mine to replace the RNSE set up. I wanted Bluetooth as well as DAB and after investigating the cost of an Audi Bluetooth module (they were going for over £300 second hand) did the man maths and stumped up for the Pioneer. I bought a fitting kit (Connects2 I think, I’m currently away from home but can check at the weekend to confirm) that allowed the factory Bose kit to be used along with the MFSW. It’s been installed for several months now and I’m very pleased with it all.

Reactions: dt-tdi
That head unit sounds perfect for my needs as well but it's a little out of my price range at the mo unless someone on here is parting with one second hand.
Thanks for the info.

I use an Alpine ezi-dab. It sits by the A pillar and the unit is smaller than a post-it note. I can't recommend it enough. I would also recommend the windscreen aerial that sits top left on the glass and is unnoticeable. It has different coloured LEDs Inc. red to match Audi interior lights, an 3.5mm aux & usb in that I have routed through the glove box. The 2nd gen ezi dab also has Bluetooth as well looking a bit sleeker. Around £220 with aerial.

I used to have a B7 with RNSE. I used one of these in it. Invisible head unit, so nice and stealthy, controlled by a credit card sized remote which I located on the centre console ahead of the handbrake. It worked brilliantly.