Radio help!

CroftyOriginal

Reaction score
I am trying to put in a new head unit, should be easy right.. wrong, I have the Bose system and the double din unit, but a lot of the wiring for the new head unit doesn't match, also the rear speakers are tinny and no sub is kicking in. As you can see from the pictures, in the red circle I have no connector that goes in there and the yellow circle the wires don't go anywhere on the other side, the red connector in the pictures I have no idea what or where that goes, can somebody please help.

https://mega.nz/#F!fjZjzYDL!A0Z6bPi7OG6vJB3hufLhtw

In many cases you will need a specific loom etc if you wish to fit an aftermarket head unit to a full bose setup unless you are very good at wiring.
Is your existing head unit main connector ISO or quad lock.

Its ISO, the harness I have should work but.. Doesn't and Im lost, like all the speaker + and - cables which are the ones circled in red don't go anywhere, I have no connector in the original harness for them.

I take it that the large block connector is wired to the new head unit, yes..

Yes, the side with the blue/red is the Audi harness and the side with the yellow is the new harness, its like I am missing an 8 pin connector. And the yellow circled wires, I have no idea where they now go.

possibly you have received the wrong loom with that head unit, seems odd that there are so many connections that don't match up.
I have quad lock and full bose and used a connects kit , all went together no probs .
ISO should be even easier ,just a thought, have you double checked the kit is correct for your application as sometimes kits do get mixed up etc.

All the other wires seem to match, its more on the Audi side, the middle 8 pin connector that is brown on most Audi's, I dont seem to have, I have the red 10 pin instead with 2 wires which I also have no idea what they do.

I had a whole heap of wiring diagrams for most of the B7 head units on my laptop, down loaded from the web but don't have access to it at the moment.
Maybe have a quick web search for a wiring diagram for the head unit that was fitted by audi , that way you should be able to identify which plugs and cable do what, that's what I would do now in the absence of any other wiring info.

Iv looked everywhere, I cant seem to find that red plug anywhere, all I can find is that I should have an 8 pin connector, Im at a complete loss