Difference between 2.0TFSi engines 190 Vs 252

SimonAshley

Reaction score
Ok, going to open myself up here to alot of silly answers I'd imagine
"One is 190 the other is 252..."

But what is the difference in these engines?
Is it like the diesels with different sized turbos?
Or is it just a map for mpg and emissions figures?

Thanks all
P.s. apologies if this has already been covered!

The 190 is a new Budack (Miller-type) cycle engine whereas the 252 is a normal Otto cycle one. So there's potentially loads of differences there

Read more about it here

http://articles.sae.org/15470/
https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-volkswagens-new-budack-cycle-engine-works-1818632265

It's supposed to be the equivalent to the old 1.8 TFSI in performance but with economy approaching that of a diesel. I managed nearly 60mpg out of the 190 on a motorway trip from Manchester to Devon - so it's not bad at cruising, but round town I get about 35-40 which is nothing miraculous.

The 190 is a new Budack (Miller-type) cycle engine whereas the 252 is a normal Otto cycle one. So there's potentially loads of differences there

Read more about it here

http://articles.sae.org/15470/
https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-volkswagens-new-budack-cycle-engine-works-1818632265

It's supposed to be the equivalent to the old 1.8 TFSI in performance but with economy approaching that of a diesel. I managed nearly 60mpg out of the 190 on a motorway trip from Manchester to Devon - so it's not bad at cruising, but round town I get about 35-40 which is nothing miraculous.

Thanks for the info!
Had seen the new VW B-cycle information, but didn't realise that was why they offered a 190 and 252 spec.

Cheers!

Just googled Audi 252 'OTTO cycle'

From this Audi page it sounds like they are actually one of the same engines:
https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en...he-new-audi-a4-and-a4-avant-4328/engines-4336

"High-tech power pack: the 2.0 TFSI
The 2.0 TFSI* with a displacement of 1,984 ccis available in two versions for the Audi A4 and A4 Avant. Its technical refinements are the exhaust manifold integrated into the cylinder head, the rotary-valve model for thermal management, the Audi valve-lift system (AVS) for the outlet valves, the electric wastegate of the turbocharger and the dual fuel injection. In partial load, indirect injection in the inlet manifold supplements the FSI direct injection.

In the high-end version, the 2.0 TFSI delivers 185 kW (252 hp)* and torque of 370 Nm (272.9 lb-ft) between 1,600 and 4,500 rpm. This allows sporty driving: The new A4 Sedan with quattro drive and seven-speed S tronic sprint from 0 to 100 km/h (0 to 62.1 mph) in 5.8 seconds and has an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h (155.3 mph). The new A4 Avant has corresponding figures of 6.0 seconds and 250 km/h. The Sedan with front-wheel drive and S tronic consumes just 5.7 liters of fuel per 100 kilometers in the NEDC (41.3 US mpg) and emits 129 grams of CO2 per kilometer (207.6 grams per mile).

The second version of the 2.0 TFSI, the gasoline ultra model, delivers 140 kW (190 hp)* and torque of 320 Nm (236 lb-ft)between 1,450 and 4,200 rpm. This also results in very agile performance: 7.3 seconds from 0 to 100 km/h (62.1 mph) and a top speed of 210 km/h (130.5 mph) for the Sedan; 7.5 seconds and 210 km/h (130.5 mph) for the Avant (both with S tronic). NEDC fuel consumption is excellent: The Sedan consumes 4.8 liters per 100 kilometers (49 US mpg) and the Avant 5.0 liters (47 US mpg), equivalent to 109 and 114 grams of CO2 per kilometer (175.4 and 183.5 grams per mile) respectively."

Maybe more will become clearer when people start to get these models on the rolling road and tune them.

Awesome, what did you go for?
Mines S-line S-tronic in Scuba blue, went for the tech pack to get the virtual cockpit!

Reactions: happytalk73
Sounds a great spec Simon. Lovely colour too.

We've gone for A4 Avant (prefer saloon but need estate for Mrs Ants scooter (disabled))

2.0TFSi S Tronic Black Edition with tech pack and a few other goodies. Gone for solid black (but may change). I adore scuba blue but unfortunately can't order it in Black Edition. Shame because the black details would look fab against the deep blue.

Looking forward to seeing yours when it arrives.

Ant.

Reactions: SimonAshley
Sounds a great spec Simon. Lovely colour too.

We've gone for A4 Avant (prefer saloon but need estate for Mrs Ants scooter (disabled))

2.0TFSi S Tronic Black Edition with tech pack and a few other goodies. Gone for solid black (but may change). I adore scuba blue but unfortunately can't order it in Black Edition. Shame because the black details would look fab against the deep blue.

Looking forward to seeing yours when it arrives.

Ant.

Sounds nice! I do like Black on Black! Look forward to pictures

I was other way round, got an A4 Saloon at the moment but wanted more practical boot.
Personal preference was A5 looks over A4

Reactions: happytalk73
Sounds nice! I do like Black on Black! Look forward to pictures

I was other way round, got an A4 Saloon at the moment but wanted more practical boot.
Personal preference was A5 looks over A4

Agree on the A5. We liked it too. But we found lease deals to be slightly less on A4 which enabled us to have a few extra toys.

First ever Audi so looking forward to it immensely.