Anyone from newcastle area for retrofit?

SAMZ

Reaction score
Hey,

I want to turn my coming home lights on. I don't have light sensors but I dont mind it coming on during the day.

Also i'm planning a steering wheel retro fit. I have some questions.

I have a 3 spoke b7 multi function steering wheel as standard with my b7.

Can i replace it for a b8 3 spoke steering wheel and swap over the airbags from the original? The airbags look like the same shape.

Also i have the option of a a3 flat bottom steering wheel. Is this compatible?

Can anyone assist with knowledge and fittings of these in the newcastle Upon Tyne area? Thanks.

I’m not too sure on the steering wheels but you need the auto dim mirror to be able to activate the CHL.

I looked into it and was disappointed when I found this out. I was going to get one out of an A4 but with the hassle of either retro fitting the rain sensor or getting a new screen I went for the option of a mirror out of an A3 8P as I have the silver interior and was easier to find or get one out of an A4 B6. I still have to fit it yet as I have all the connectors and wires to make a loom up.

After I’d purchased all my stuff I could’ve gone for the B7 mirror in the end as some pointing cane off the ridge tiles and chipped my already new screen of 11 months. So I’m waiting to get yet another screen fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk