3.0tdi carbon clean DIY help

B

Buffwesty

Hello guys.

I am looking to clean out the intake and egr of carbon manually.

Any good guides as to how to access and remove them from the Car?

Tried searching but can't find anything specific.

Many thanks.

Ben

They are quite easy to remove there is about 4 bolts that go through into the engine then bolts that go into the throttles. Take them all out and remove.

I would suggest doing the swirl flap intakes as well (bits that go into the engine from the intake Y band) as these will be really bad.

Mr Muscle oven cleaner works pretty well along with a lot of scrubbing.

001d21a83fa00761dafb57d4ab51e91a.jpg

Reactions: Nathan Russell
They are quite easy to remove there is about 4 bolts that go through into the engine then bolts that go into the throttles. Take them all out and remove.

I would suggest doing the swirl flap intakes as well (bits that go into the engine from the intake Y band) as these will be really bad.

Thank you sir

Where can I find these diagrams?

Also are there gaskets that need changing when I remove them?

Is the throttle body accessible too?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
They are from ELSAwin. The internet has “copies” of it available for install on personal machines, it is usually only available to VAG dealers.

Gaskets are silicone, it is up to you if you change them or not, the throttle is actually just below #44 it is easy to get off. Worth taking the swirl flap manifolds off and cleaning, #38 and #39. They will be very clogged and it’s only a few easily accessible bolts to remove

Mr Muscles fine on any steel Parts, but it will eat aluminium so best to avoid.

A good soak in diesel can shift most of of. Then burn it out, just not too hot :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk