Lease Servicing

S32B

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you have a car on lease (not leased from a main dealership), does the car have to be serviced by the main dealership for the make of car you lease?

A mate has seen a deal he likes and asked me...I don't know so said I'd ask here :)

Thanks.

What does the lessor's lease agreement state is your responsibility for service, upkeep and repair, as they own the car. As always, read the fine print on any document prior to signing.

Reactions: BarryG79, Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
Normally a personal lease needs to be serviced by the official dealer

Reactions: Bristle Hound
What does the lessor's lease agreement state is your responsibility for service, upkeep and repair, as they own the car. As always, read the fine print on any document prior to signing.
Normally a personal lease needs to be serviced by the official dealer
@S32B - This ^ & this ^
PS Altered the thread title slightly

Reactions: Jassyo06
Depends on lease agreement, my brother leases a Nissan Xtrail and he called and asked if main dealer servicing was required. As long as genuine parts were used and book was stamped they were ok with him going to an indy. Think he saved about £80 buy doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK cheers guys, he's calling them tomorrow to find out, the person on the web chat thing he used didn't know!!!!

I leased a Peugeot Rcz gt and it didn't need serviced as the 1st service was 2 years or 24k miles so the lease was 23 months and l only done 22k miles

Reactions: S32B
@S32B It sounds that your mate is dealing with a web based leasing company.....tell him to ask that company to send him a PDF file of their standard lease agreement for his review. Do not go on any verbal or emailed answers. Remember it is the lease agreement that is the legal document.

Reactions: S32B
@S32B It sounds that your mate is dealing with a web based leasing company.....tell him to ask that company to send him a PDF file of their standard lease agreement for his review. Do not go on any verbal or emailed answers. Remember it is the lease agreement that is the legal document.
Thank, I'll pass it one :)

He's just sent me the link, this is the deal he's looking at, works out at £310 per month broken down over the term https://www.v4b.co.uk/personal-leas...k/golf-hatchback-20-tsi-gti-5dr-dsg-265618633 not bad concdeing tax is also included.

I leased a Peugeot Rcz gt and it didn't need serviced as the 1st service was 2 years or 24k miles so the lease was 23 months and l only done 22k miles
Off topic but how was the RCZ? Really like the fighter jet style roof on them.

Thank, I'll pass it one :)

He's just sent me the link, this is the deal he's looking at, works out at £310 per month broken down over the term https://www.v4b.co.uk/personal-leas...k/golf-hatchback-20-tsi-gti-5dr-dsg-265618633 not bad concdeing tax is also included.

Bit cheaper here, main dealer (Swansway Group) linked too so broker fee a lot less.

https://uchoosecontracts.co.uk/personal/volkswagen--golf-gti--5-door-hatchback/727

1c27ec95279376b3c66a34176e98989b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BarryG79