Alarm prob?

pure

Reaction score
Guys,

You know when you lock the car...the hazards flash and the LED's on the doors come on. Well all of a sudden mine doesnt do that anymore? Thought it might be the disable internal alarm button thing nr the drivers door, but i pressed that on and off and no difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The LED's dont flash and the hazards dont any more, but they do when I unlock the car......

The car still locks tho. Have I done something by accident? Or you think it is a fault?

Cheers

Greg

Sounds like a fault Greg. If I disbable the internal sensor on mine then the Led's on the door flash to confirm that I have disabled it, but when I lock it the indicators still flash.
Sounds like a trip to the dealers.

awww /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

when i press that button the led lights flash fast. but they dont go on when the alarm is on

As Alex says, make sure all doors and boot are shut - I often have the case where a door isn't fully closed, and locking the car will do the locks, but the indicators won't flash, and the interior lights probably won't go off immediately like they should. Also, the red led's on the door locks won't flash.
If it's a sensor, then I guess you might get the same behaviour - i.e. no indicator flash and interior lights remaining lit?
If anything, I'd guess it might be the boot sensor - my boot door certainly needs a good shove to close it fully, so I wouldn't be surprised if damage could be done to the sensor after a while.
Just been searching for an answer for you, and some people have said they had problems with the keyfob not working at all - this was due to the ignition switch not realising the key had been removed - because it thinks it's still in the car, it ignores the signals from the keyfob. Interesting, but not your problem since your car responds to the keyfob.

People have had the same thing when boot sensors have gone, but also when window motors have been causing problems - they say that the same motor controls windows and locks, so if window isn't fully closed, then car thinks door is open, and alarm won't be activated.

Hope that helps.
B

Cheers fellas, it is working ok now. Boot was closed...opened and shut boot again and it is ok! Weird as it wasnt showing open on diagram on the dash.

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:
Make sure that all the doors are shut properly (including the boot) - it won't arm if something's not shut...

Apart from that... must be a sensor prob or something along those lines

[/ QUOTE ]

I have used VAG-COM to make my car beep when the alarm is armed, which is great cause you know immediately if a door has been left open or not!