Sign of things to come

royalsteve68

Reaction score
At this rate you won't even be able fart in public without getting a fine. Seems like we have a bunch of Nazis in charge telling us what we can and can't do.

Surely a non starter, does the dimwit police chief not even understand that speedos aren't accurate and we don't want to end up glued to watching our speedos 100% of the time.

There is too much rubbish on the roads as it is with so many unnecessary signs to worry about 1 or 2 mph over. Mind you on my Journeys the chances of me doing even 2/3rds of the speed limit are rare lol

If they are so worried about that then what are going to do about the 3 road rage incidents, 1 mugging, burglary i have reported in the last 5 years....that they did absolutely nothing about

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news...-says-police-chief/ar-BBIv9rm?ocid=spartanntp

Reactions: Adi7r and FBF01
At this rate you won't even be able fart in public without getting a fine. Seems like we have a bunch of Nazis in charge telling us what we can and can't do.

Surely a non starter, does the dimwit police chief not even understand that speedos aren't accurate and we don't want to end up glued to watching our speedos 100% of the time.

There is too much rubbish on the roads as it is with so many unnecessary signs to worry about 1 or 2 mph over. Mind you on my Journeys the chances of me doing even 2/3rds of the speed limit are rare lol

If they are so worried about that then what are going to do about the 3 road rage incidents, 1 mugging, burglary i have reported in the last 5 years....that they did absolutely nothing about

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news...-says-police-chief/ar-BBIv9rm?ocid=spartanntp

Pathetic waste of resources.
The cops would do better to aim resoure at knife crime, terrorism, street gang crime, etc.
Instead this guy wants to take it nice and easy and go for the slightly speeding driver easy targets.
What a cxxx

Reactions: Callum66, DW81 and Adi7r
Never happen, thankfully. They tried to do this years ago, but the argument was people would be looking at their speedo's rather than the road, thus causing more accidents.

Plus you might as well just fine the entire driving population of the UK, as even those (Brake) you would welcome this by saying, if it saves just one life, it'll be worth it, would find themselves caught out, as it's impossible to not creep over by just 1 mile per hour.

I've heard the argument today of all cars having head-up displays (which still means taking your eyes off the road ahead to focus in on a speed display) and people setting their cruise control, so it never goes above the prescribed limit. Yet, it's bad enough trying to use cruise control on a motorway, and with all the stop/start, slowing down for junctions etc, it would be impossible to use in built-up areas.

Stupid idea dreamt up by stupid people.

Reactions: DW81
Pathetic waste of resources.
The cops would do better to aim resoure at knife crime, terrorism, street gang crime, etc.
Instead this guy wants to take it nice and easy and go for the slightly speeding driver easy targets.
What a cxxx

That `costs` money though !

To be honest I stick to the limit in my S3 now - I only let myself go over 70 on the motorway. I have a roadangel speed camera detector.

I drive a lot and I am super worried about things as they are now.

It’s absolutely ridiculous. I’m actually considering moving abroad (Germany) or somewhere where the road laws aren’t archaic and ancient. I’m 23 so I haven’t any commitments and it’s looking better every day after some daft c**t dreams up these ideas. I can understand police doing people near schools and build up areas, but motorways and countries roads is ridiculous.

Reactions: Rs1
Ludicrous , there should be a petition for him to get demoted and return to the beat .

To be honest I stick to the limit in my S3 now - I only let myself go over 70 on the motorway. I have a roadangel speed camera detector.

I drive a lot and I am super worried about things as they are now.

Where I live the police camera vans enforce the speed limits, Ive sometimes turned around to check I havnt been caught when on autopilot. I had 9 points once that was a traumatic time of my life (but not as traumatic as when the chippy on the corner of street closed)

Reactions: billymc92, Evotion and wab172uk
It is rather worrying that the moron doesn't event realise that their own speed enforcement equipment cannot be calibrated to a 1mph tolerance.

The whole thing is probably just a chest beating 'look at me' to his Chief Superintendent chums as a potential promotion to somewhere else is in the offing.

Either way, the bloke is a total T0sser.

Reactions: Beebee-one and DW81
I do wonder if these law enforcers ever break the speed limits themselves :whistle2:

Limits generally 10mph too low everywhere imho. 80 on the m/way would be OK, 40 in Urban areas etc. The 1mph over thing will never happen.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

70/90 ratio would make sense on the m/way weather dependent a la France.

Limits generally 10mph too low everywhere imho. 80 on the m/way would be OK, 40 in Urban areas etc. The 1mph over thing will never happen.

TX.

If it presents an opportunity for the government to make money off people then someone somewhere will try to make it happen.

I was talking to a senior traffic cop at a supercar event last year. He was telling me that since the variable speed limit was introduced on the M25 (the red speed limit circles lit up on the overhead gantry) the number of speeding fines have risen massively, so much so that they had to raise the limit that the cameras triggered because they were catching so many people. He then said that people did not realise that even when the gantry signs were not lit up, you could still get caught speeding if you exceeded a certain limit (he wouldn't say what the limit was, but hinted at it being somewhere just over 80mph)

Hardly surprising that the UK is now blanketed with motorway roadworks installing more and more gantry and cameras. It doesn't end there either. He then went on to say that the new technology allowed them to turn the gantry systems into average speed cameras by just simply changing the programming in the control centre. They are not allowed to do this just yet but would be running trials in 2018.

There is a major road just North of the M25 that has average speed camera's installed, totally awful road to drive on so much so that I will never drive it again. Everyone plodding along at 50 for miles on end, nasty and boring as hell. If that is the future I'll be walking.

TX.

Reactions: D0C
There is a major road just North of the M25 that has average speed camera's installed, totally awful road to drive on so much so that I will never drive it again. Everyone plodding along at 50 for miles on end, nasty and boring as hell. If that is the future I'll be walking.

TX.

Try near Reading - we have 2 of these 50 mph stretches....one is about 15 miles worth to Newbury......zzzzzz.....all this will do is encourage people to not use motorways

Reactions: Terminator x
If it presents an opportunity for the government to make money off people then someone somewhere will try to make it happen.

I was talking to a senior traffic cop at a supercar event last year. He was telling me that since the variable speed limit was introduced on the M25 (the red speed limit circles lit up on the overhead gantry) the number of speeding fines have risen massively, so much so that they had to raise the limit that the cameras triggered because they were catching so many people. He then said that people did not realise that even when the gantry signs were not lit up, you could still get caught speeding if you exceeded a certain limit (he wouldn't say what the limit was, but hinted at it being somewhere just over 80mph)

Hardly surprising that the UK is now blanketed with motorway roadworks installing more and more gantry and cameras. It doesn't end there either. He then went on to say that the new technology allowed them to turn the gantry systems into average speed cameras by just simply changing the programming in the control centre. They are not allowed to do this just yet but would be running trials in 2018.

Life driving will soon be a load of w**k, people have destroyed any fun

I have corrected your comment "Hardly surprising that the UK is now blanketed with motorway roadworks installing more and more gantry and cameras deliberately slowly with F...ALL people working on it.

Look at the 15 mile stretch between Reading an Newbury on the M4, i have never seen so few people working on a construction project or any project for that matter. If a employee/contractor did so little on a project where i work theyd be fired in seconds. Most days NO-ONE, some days TWO or even FIVE.....that's it....what a joke this country is...plus clueless morons voting brexit, country in disarray, tax/rules/laws for everything, no fun, uk losing its identity.....personally i think authorities and do-gooders can just do one and get a life

When on the M25 as soon as those varable speed limits go up I stick to them 100%, you have to unless you want points.
Only fun you can really have now is on roads you know or far flung corners of Wales and Scotland.

When on the M25 as soon as those varable speed limits go up I stick to them 100%, you have to unless you want points.
Only fun you can really have now is on roads you know or far flung corners of Wales and Scotland.
Not the A9 though, average speed camera's almost the entire stretch!

TX.

......And at some point when all of us are 'controlled' within these limits, the revenues previously received through the fines will cease because we are all complying. This is when someone will look at it again, and decide that the zero tolerance approach can generate income and so it will be made law.
Its all about money, but sold to you under the guise that its safer.

Dont know about other countries, but here in the UK, I find it strange (or is that frustrating) that we always seem to dilute everything down to the lowest standard (usually the minority) as being the common start point for everyone . We never seem to want to actually raise the standard to at least that of the average person or perhaps above.

Reactions: D0C, DW81 and Terminator x
The worst are 20mph zones in london with cameras.

Honestly some are even average speed cameras. You could be driving along at 30mph on the nose and then suddenly you have 3 points for speeding!
Even though your going at the speed limit that is normal pretty much everywhere else including outside your home.

The worst are 20mph zones in london with cameras.

Honestly some are even average speed cameras. You could be driving along at 30mph on the nose and then suddenly you have 3 points for speeding!
Even though your going at the speed limit that is normal pretty much everywhere else including outside your home.

Loads of 20mph speed limits in reading too

Not long ago they were talking about increasing speed limits - at least on motorways.....everywhere speed limits have been reduced in the last 3 years

Getting beyond a joke, cars are safer better built but at the rate we are going, we will have soon have an extra cost and the perfect way to destroy the economy even further

Redflag act

Last edited: