Audi Extended Warranty........should I buy?

rabhrab

Reaction score
My S4 will be three years old at the end of the month. I've just received an email from Audi 'offering' me the Audi Extended Warranty for the next year, at a cost of £476 for the top level of cover with less than 10k miles per year and a £100 excess. Other options are, as I'm sure you're aware, are available but this was what I'm considering. The car has just over 25k miles on it at the moment.
I welcome all and any thoughts about the cost, pros and cons, or indeed best alternatives?

I took up the extended warranty on my S4 a few months ago, I think I paid more not to have the excess, I'd only done 18k, but still not worth the risk in case of a gearbox failure. I did some comparison with others, it is a similar price for same level of cover and should be less of an issue if you have a claim, not that I have much confidence in my local dealer!

Go for a tune instead. No need for warranty and its more fun! :)

Reactions: RS_Goku and jdp1962
I don't know how many facelifted S4's had the gearbox fail but I've read on here it's not limited to the pre-facelift. Mine ('59) needed a full gearbox and boy am I glad I had the warranty. Around £10k to have it replaced.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Yes, my eyes are open to the risks of gearbox failure. Those of us who tune our cars and lose associated warranty are ready to accept the risks - as they say over in the US - "you gotta pay to play!"