S3 Fuel Grade

****** northerners.... cheaper houses, cheaper fuel.. you've got it all

Cheapest round here atm is 120.7 (asda/morrisons).
I’m in Leeds and it’s about same price

Reactions: oli356
****** northerners.... cheaper houses, cheaper fuel.. you've got it all

Cheapest round here atm is 120.7 (asda/morrisons).

We have indeed.

We even have cheaper paid jobs to finish off the whole package. It's fantastic, Hahaha!

Reactions: oli356
We have indeed.

We even have cheaper paid jobs to finish off the whole package. It's fantastic, Hahaha!
Haha ;)

On a serious note though, didn't think that fuel was cheaper generally up and down the country, as Rayner said in Leeds it is the same as in Reading. Lee must be exception :)

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and MikeParkin
I use Shell V-Power all the time. I'd use Tesco 99 RON if it was convenient but it isn't. I don't believe the engine will be damaged by 95 RON fuel but I can't see the point in penny pinching for a car like an S3 either. I've read a lot of independent tests of 95 vs higher octane fuels and the results (power and mpg) convince me. Whether the claims for cleaner engines are true I'm not so sure but increased power and mpg is enough for me.

Reactions: MikeParkin and paul wev
Costco 99 RON in Edinburgh currently 112.9 p/litre!

Reactions: paul wev
5th gear did a comparison using a Golf GTI is fairly old now but it said Shell V-power was the best!
I use Shell V-power if i know driving out of the city, if i am round the city i put in the 95

Video above conclusively proving that everyone in this thread claiming they can feel the difference between fuels is full of s**t.

This was like back in the late 2000's when everyone with a 1.8t was claiming they can "feel" the difference when they put on one of those crappy diverter valves.

Reactions: Matt Titanium
I’ve always used Tesco Momentum. Might switch to the cheaper stuff for a bit and see if any difference.

You won't see any difference. There's a professional driver in the video explicitly stating that she cannot tell the difference while driving on a road.

For the cost of fuel here in Kent I can only surmise it is made from Angels teardrops

Reactions: paul wev
You won't see any difference. There's a professional driver in the video explicitly stating that she cannot tell the difference while driving on a road.

This. So called "premium" fuel is a marketeers wet dream. Hilarious that people actually go out of their way to fill up on it.