A3 8p sportback suspension info?

Ayy38p3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I have a 58/2008 facelift audi a3 sportback 1.9tdi e 104.
Both my front suspension springs have snapped and I'm having trouble trying to source replacements. So i rang my local audi dealer and the parts department stated that i have sport/s line suspension?. Bit weird as mine is not recorded as sport or s line or even SE! So I asked what colour dots should be on springs and they said "Red, Grey, Violet and brown". I've had a look today and they dots on the springs are 3x red 1x grey. So basically I am confused as hell. Do I have sport springs or s line? Iv searched online for a colour chart for the a3 but can't find anything, only a4 charts. How on earth do I find out what I have? Motor factors are no help as they say there's a few different option going off my registration number, again same thing with the dots they only list different to what I have.

Please can someone shed some light on the situations? Original spring colours are 3x red 1x grey dots.

Thank you

Hi guys,

So I have a 58/2008 facelift audi a3 sportback 1.9tdi e 104.
Both my front suspension springs have snapped and I'm having trouble trying to source replacements. So i rang my local audi dealer and the parts department stated that i have sport/s line suspension?. Bit weird as mine is not recorded as sport or s line or even SE! So I asked what colour dots should be on springs and they said "Red, Grey, Violet and brown". I've had a look today and they dots on the springs are 3x red 1x grey. So basically I am confused as hell. Do I have sport springs or s line? Iv searched online for a colour chart for the a3 but can't find anything, only a4 charts. How on earth do I find out what I have? Motor factors are no help as they say there's a few different option going off my registration number, again same thing with the dots they only list different to what I have.

Please can someone shed some light on the situations? Original spring colours are 3x red 1x grey dots.

Thank you

Audi should easily be able to sort it for you with your reg or vin number.
Try TPS if you’ve got one near you, they are dealer parts but they’re usually a bit cheaper. Make sure you get springs with the same colour dots on as what your original ones have unless you decide to aftermarket of which eibach are better than oem and usually cheaper

Audi should easily be able to sort it for you with your reg or vin number.
Try TPS if you’ve got one near you, they are dealer parts but they’re usually a bit cheaper. Make sure you get springs with the same colour dots on as what your original ones have unless you decide to aftermarket of which eibach are better than oem and usually cheaper

Thanks for the reply. But I have already tried audi, tps only sell to trade which im not. When I rang audi the colour dots they stated are different to what actually on the car. Anyway went down the 2nd hand route which is also becoming a nightmare now. Bought some s line front legs and I asked they guy atleast 10 times to measure struts diameter which he said he did (clearly lying) and it is 50mm like mine but turned out to be 55mm! Nightmare begins

Thanks for the reply. But I have already tried audi, tps only sell to trade which im not. When I rang audi the colour dots they stated are different to what actually on the car. Anyway went down the 2nd hand route which is also becoming a nightmare now. Bought some s line front legs and I asked they guy atleast 10 times to measure struts diameter which he said he did (clearly lying) and it is 50mm like mine but turned out to be 55mm! Nightmare begins

I’ve bought through TPS a couple of times before and I’m not trade. They will do it for you. Just ring them.

Reactions: Ayy38p3