AIRTEC Intercooler

Y10 KED

Reaction score
So guys the long awaited intercooler has finished being developed and is now listed on the website.

So this kit was developed on my car and I also have it fitted, his has shown in my opinion a great look and addition to my stage 2 map.

The kit comes with a vast set of options in the region of colour. You can have the intercooler in NATURAL SILVER or our PRO SERIES BLACK. You can add our logo which sits at the bottom of the grill, you can choose colour of that from the selection. Now hoses depending on having a stealth look you can have plan black or you can go crazy with the likes of yellow hoses. The kit also comes with a new crashbar to allow the cooler to sit nicely and maintain front end strength.

I am happy to answer any questions you have on the kit.

(Sub note I will be adding more pictures shortly)

Attachments

• 03C1CA3F-A473-42B2-B7D0-50263193B5B4.jpeg
    03C1CA3F-A473-42B2-B7D0-50263193B5B4.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 377
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good mate.

How much are they retailing at? No price on the website.

Not a bad price. Have you got any stats? Temp drops, how much boost/bhp it can handle etc?

If your going to mount a cooler you need to lose the crash bar or heavily cut it to make it fit behind.

I ran without the crash bar, installing a front mount is so easy on the B7 easy access to run pipes around the engine bay/bumper my cooler came off my cupra R but made it fit the B7

Attachments

• 8F55C07D-AF56-4978-8639-D80A5F9D080C.jpeg
    8F55C07D-AF56-4978-8639-D80A5F9D080C.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,451
I'm sticking with side mounts, just upgrading them. Want to keep the OEM look

Reactions: TurboBear
Sorry guys just seen the posts on here, so the inter cooler temps I haven’t had a chance to test yet. I am looking at getting them in the near future.

As Jay said above the inter cooler is actually the same spec as what he was running so the same as the Cupra R. The cooler is bar and plate so will withstand a good around of boost without and problems, charge temps that was tested on a stage 1 Cupar R was 126 degrees going in the hot side and coming out the cold side at 23 degrees. This was tested at AMD in Essex on their dyno.

As for mounting the AIRTEC kit comes with a new crash bar which is what the cooler mounts too.

Dan_avant there is the option to have it all plain black with no logo and black hoses so you can keep it hidden ;)

Bad picture but still shows off a little ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 601