Driver door window

martin1984

Reaction score
So just went to put window down nothing happenwd pushed button band and forth a bit a bit of noise so something workin then this wire start to show at bottom of window dont have time to take door card off right now but this happen to any one before any idea whats broke ??
873130359cff188fadd2aebc167e1a6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

So just went to put window down nothing happenwd pushed button band and forth a bit a bit of noise so something workin then this wire start to show at bottom of window dont have time to take door card off right now but this happen to any one before any idea whats broke ??
873130359cff188fadd2aebc167e1a6c.jpg

The cable has broken, you'll need to get a repair kit as soon as possible. Be careful closing the door as the window could fall down inside the door.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

The cable has broken, you'll need to get a repair kit as soon as possible. Be careful closing the door as the window could fall down inside the door.

Cheers

Is this right part 292200177398 ebay thanks

Ok people so i brought the repair wire and set to work first problem seemed wire wasnt lond enough but managed to get in round as spun wheel to rlease more wire but put back to geather and nothing take apart and its come out/off one corner.
Put back again tried again and just hear wire scrapping not good has anyone done this with just replaceing the wire if so amy problems or where did you buy from a few pics added to try help explain. Alos as you can see in one pic when i started taking apart there some duck tape ive never had the door apart in my 4 years ive had it?
9affca0f423aa061b44ab56c3493033b.jpg
4aa5d3ff2ec6887bf34522dcaaa47d2d.jpg
c7d838feccb197622ae2165891cecce6.jpg
63b1e71851a6590089bbdb38708c8978.jpg
267637ed97a45b0684847ad7c9732d71.jpg

Ok people so i brought the repair wire and set to work first problem seemed wire wasnt lond enough but managed to get in round as spun wheel to rlease more wire but put back to geather and nothing take apart and its come out/off one corner.
Put back again tried again and just hear wire scrapping not good has anyone done this with just replaceing the wire if so amy problems or where did you buy from a few pics added to try help explain. Alos as you can see in one pic when i started taking apart there some duck tape ive never had the door apart in my 4 years ive had it?
9affca0f423aa061b44ab56c3493033b.jpg
4aa5d3ff2ec6887bf34522dcaaa47d2d.jpg
c7d838feccb197622ae2165891cecce6.jpg
63b1e71851a6590089bbdb38708c8978.jpg
267637ed97a45b0684847ad7c9732d71.jpg

Sounds like the wire is not seated properly in the centre spool, put the centre spool in first then the ends into the window clips then round the plastic corner guides.
That's the point where you think the cable is too short, you need an assistant to compress the springs on the cable at the centre spool, this gives you enough length to get round the guides then release the cable ends to allow the cables to tension.
It is tricky but a few tries will end in success, maybe watch a few YouTube clips to give you a better idea than my ramblings.

Sounds like the wire is not seated properly in the centre spool, put the centre spool in first then the ends into the window clips then round the plastic corner guides.
That's the point where you think the cable is too short, you need an assistant to compress the springs on the cable at the centre spool, this gives you enough length to get round the guides then release the cable ends to allow the cables to tension.
It is tricky but a few tries will end in success, maybe watch a few YouTube clips to give you a better idea than my ramblings.

cheers all the vidoes i find jut show replaceing the whole part rather than just the wire ive given up for today but will hit it again in the morining see if i have some better luck

cheers all the vidoes i find jut show replaceing the whole part rather than just the wire ive given up for today but will hit it again in the morining see if i have some better luck
One cable winds round the spool from the bottom, the other winds round from the top in the opposite direction, then you have to hold them in place to you get it in the centre spool holder. You must hold it in place while you get everything the in position. I'm sure you'll get it!