New S3 ordered today

Lisa.

Reaction score
I ordered a new S3 today, black edition, got a build week of 23 but got told will be a minimum of 6 months, is this realistic ?

Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn
Well those two estimates are conflicting. If Audi are planning to build it in 10 weeks from now, how come it’s going to be twice as long before you get it?
And more often than not build are brought forward rather than back.
Where are these two conflicting estimates coming from.

Reactions: GW1
The dealership has no influence on the car build date. Production schedules are decided by the factory based on many factors including component availability.

Your best guidance of build week will be the order tracker as this is linked to the factory production schedule. As mentioned above the build date on the tracker can move around until a few weeks before its actually built.

Six months wait coming from sales man. Maybe allowing for travel time across the water to Jersey !

Can't comment on the lead time, there's a whole thread on people discussing that though.

But.... What colour :p?

Daytona Grey, Pearl Effect, I had a Q3 in this colour, think its looks great.

Reactions: NevMan, oli356 and computeratelier
When i placed my order i was told if i wanted a factory build from start it would take 12 weeks and if they could find a car all ready in the system that they could still change the spec if will been sooner. But in the end as i didnt want to wait they found me a car with a similar spec i want in there group cars.

Reactions: Lisa.
I ordered a new S3 today, black edition, got a build week of 23 but got told will be a minimum of 6 months, is this realistic ?

Congrats on your new car order.

Build / delivery all depends on if the dealer has orders on the system already, that they can change the spec of. Large group dealer usually have a few in the system anyway.

Daytona Grey is still one of Audi's best colours. Nearly ordered that myself on my S3.

You live on Jersey. Isn't the speed limit there 40 mph?

Mine was around 5 months, ordered first week in January and got it early June.

Welcome to audi-sport.net Lisa. Car sounds nice. Hope you enjoy the forum

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Ordered mine on 10th Feb & it's somewhere in Germany at the moment on its way or at Emden.

Congrats on your new car order.

Build / delivery all depends on if the dealer has orders on the system already, that they can change the spec of. Large group dealer usually have a few in the system anyway.

Daytona Grey is still one of Audi's best colours. Nearly ordered that myself on my S3.

You live on Jersey. Isn't the speed limit there 40 mph?

Yes speed limit is 40 mph in Jersey.

:welcome!:
Congrats on the order Lisa.
Do cars heading to Jersey go direct or via a UK mainland port first? Wondering if that adds time?

Do cars heading to Jersey go direct or via a UK mainland port first? Wondering if that adds time?
Thanks, yes they do go via UK first.

The cars destined for the channel islands are loaded onto car carriers heading to Dublin.

Managed to track my order, construction is expected to begin 4th June.

Don’t the factory shut down at some point for like a month for maintenance to the robots and to set them for the next years model? Delay could have something to do with that.

It would kill me having to stick to 40mph in an S3

Don’t the factory shut down at some point for like a month for maintenance to the robots and to set them for the next years model? Delay could have something to do with that.

It would kill me having to stick to 40mph in an S3

The speed limit is 40mph............ but who says @Lisa. sticks to it :whistle2:

Reactions: TonkS3, Lisa., NevMan and 1 other person
The speed limit is 40mph............ but who says @Lisa. sticks to it :whistle2:
There’s not many places that you can go very fast. The long straight road along the west coast is a possibility but I think they have had some nasty accidents along there.
I find that once you get to Jersey you don’t want to speed - just soak up the calm.

There’s not many places that you can go very fast. The long straight road along the west coast is a possibility but I think they have had some nasty accidents along there.
I find that once you get to Jersey you don’t want to speed - just soak up the calm.

True, I remember watching Bergerac lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jassyo06
I always stick to the speed limit ☺️, we have a few 40 mph areas, mostly 30, some 20 and green lanes are 15. It is a small island, but only an hour on the boat across to France

I ordered mine last weekend and got week 19, est delivery 29th May.

Interestingly I tried to add the sunroof to my order today which isn’t a problem but means I can’t have the V spoke wheels. As of last Friday they are no longer an option, only the 5 spokes available now. I’m sticking with the V spokes and sacrificing the sunroof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Construction date moved forward to 21 May , could get my S3 early June.

Reactions: Paul Gilham
Bought mine on Tuesday. I went for a stock car, 0 miles unregistered. Not the spec I'd of initially choose. Black edition, tech pack, mag ride, 19's and red calipers. But they quoted a minimum of 6 months due to the emissions palava apparently. So get to take delivery in two weeks and that's only because I'm offshore
A pal ordered an RS3 saloon and he's had his taken off the boat. Local dealership has lent him an RS3 sportback while it arrives

What’s the emissions palava ?
'apparently' due to the VAG emissions scandal. Every conceivable variation of every car has to be tested. I don't know how true this is mind.

Scroll down this thread a bit, something to do with the new standards test that the S3 & RS3’s haven’t passed yet

yourAudi - Track New Car Order
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=2376&share_tid=245697&url=https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?threads/yourAudi---Track-New-Car-Order.245697/&share_type=t

As far as I know the port hold only applies to the RS3 model being shipped to the USA not Canada or the UK to the best of my knowledge and that order has now been lifted. Some RS3 US cars have been held at port of entry for months.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Paul Gilham, Lisa. and 1 other person
My S3 has left factory and by now ,is hopefully on a ship to Sheerness.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Your car goes by train to the port of Emden where it joins the queue of cars waiting for a boat ride to England. Hopefully you'll get lucky and get on a boat quickly. It can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to get shipped over.

Status 39 comes when your car has been loaded on a boat and is on the way to England.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Lisa.
Your car goes by train to the port of Emden where it joins the queue of cars waiting for a boat ride to England. Hopefully you'll get lucky and get on a boat quickly. It can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to get shipped over.

Status 39 comes when your car has been loaded on a boat and is on the way to England.
Its going to Sheerness, then I believe , from Portsmouth to Jersey, May take a while, but considering construction start date was supposed to be 21 May , it’s way ahead of schedule

Reactions: Jbond312 and Paul Gilham
Its going to Sheerness, then I believe , from Portsmouth to Jersey, May take a while, but considering construction start date was supposed to be 21 May , it’s way ahead of schedule

I’d say your car is on schedule, it would’ve been built last week and in QC on your build date. Wouldn’t it be quicker for you to fly to London and drive it over to Jersey?

Reactions: NevMan
Arrived in uk today, getting closer to home !

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Picked the S3 up today...

Ordered 31st March
Est build date 7th May
Actual build date 3rd May
Left the factory 9th May
On the ferry 22nd May
Arrived at dealer and collected 31st May

Big thanks to Harvey at Cambridge Audi

ed66ff55e27885ed84afb6b8d01173a4.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn, s3marc, Pinky1959 and 11 others
Picked the S3 up today...