rear wiper motor

Jayga23

Reaction score
Good evening all.
I know the rear wiper failing is a common problem. I have a replacement but have a few questions as when it was plugged in it didn't work. I have power going to all 3 lives on the plug both when wiper stalk on and off. Does the boot need to be closed for the motor to activate? I got the motor from a reputable scrap yard so pretty sure it's ok.
Any advice/ suggestions?

Thanks, I'm sure I read somewhere this was the case. Will try it this weekend.

Just tried the back wiper on a 59 S3 with the boot opened and the wiper stills move

Mine still works with the boot open. These OE Valeo motors can fail inside 4-years so buying one from a breakers (even off a decent car) could mean it is just as bad as the one being replaced.

Connected it up today with boot shut. Turned once and that was it. Got warm very quick plus warning lights came on for ABS,ESP and rear reverse lights amongst others. Front wipers stopped for a short while but working now, some fault lights still on.Think I'll just buy a new one..✌

Normally best to buy these things new plus i know they are expensive from Audi ( as most things are ) but mind you get 2yr warranty with the part and piece off mind knowing it should work. Try out the sites parts request where you should be able to get it plus i tjink ASN members get a discount but don't quote me :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Yip it should be , just let them know your query and someone should reply to your post .

Reactions: Jayga23
Plenty of new Valeos (OE maker) on Ebay. I asked one seller if it was a common problem - and he said "put it like this I sell hundreds per year" :chuncky: