Subwoofer box A3 8P 2011

Na , the Rockford Fosgate P2D4-8 - 8" Punch 500W DVC Subwoofer requires 6.5L , impressive given it's big depth .

You won't find the specs there all these audio sales places just love people buying any sub for any size enclosure .

I was looking at this also however just read a review about the enclosure from the eBay link and apparently it doesn’t fit the car even though stated it’s a direct fit for the sport back. It’s put me off now :pensive:

that site clearly lists 2 different enclosures for the 8p, one for the sportback one for the 3 door, so whats the issue about when the guy clearly bought the sportback version? just confusing the guy further.

same with the volume size for the sub, itll still work fine with the smaller internal volume of the box hes bought, its just designed to be optimal at 10l. its a cheap jbl sub were dealing with here, itll be fine.

you need an amp eg.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-GX-A...611985&hash=item5d630a1f40:g:4aoAAOSwgvNZ03vp

and a wiring kit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-Cri...305569?hash=item3d52ed8fa1:g:Yn4AAOSwVF1aL9Qp

red wire goes from the car battery, through the bulkhead (through a grommit) to the amp at the back. the blue wire goes to the amp on/remote wire on the back on the headunit to the amp. brown wire goes from the amp to a part of the chassis at the back of the car, eg. seat bolt. rca cable goes from sub out on headunit to the audio in on the amp.
the sub screws into the box, with the terminals on the sub attaching to the terminals on the box. the terminals on the box then connect by wire (sometimes comes with the sub, might have to buy seperately) to the amp output.

thats all the installation is, but your problem your gonna face is running the red 12v wire through the bulkhead, and running the wires from the headunit to the boot. ideally you want the power and audio wires running on different sides of the car as well. removing the trim isnt the hardest, and youll also have to remove the glovebox

Reactions: JamieXoX, Spike1979 and leonwilliams
that site clearly lists 2 different enclosures for the 8p, one for the sportback one for the 3 door, so whats the issue about when the guy clearly bought the sportback version? just confusing the guy further.

same with the volume size for the sub, itll still work fine with the smaller internal volume of the box hes bought, its just designed to be optimal at 10l. its a cheap jbl sub were dealing with here, itll be fine.

you need an amp eg.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-GX-A...611985&hash=item5d630a1f40:g:4aoAAOSwgvNZ03vp

and a wiring kit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-Cri...305569?hash=item3d52ed8fa1:g:Yn4AAOSwVF1aL9Qp

red wire goes from the car battery, through the bulkhead (through a grommit) to the amp at the back. the blue wire goes to the amp on/remote wire on the back on the headunit to the amp. brown wire goes from the amp to a part of the chassis at the back of the car, eg. seat bolt. rca cable goes from sub out on headunit to the audio in on the amp.
the sub screws into the box, with the terminals on the sub attaching to the terminals on the box. the terminals on the box then connect by wire (sometimes comes with the sub, might have to buy seperately) to the amp output.

thats all the installation is, but your problem your gonna face is running the red 12v wire through the bulkhead, and running the wires from the headunit to the boot. ideally you want the power and audio wires running on different sides of the car as well. removing the trim isnt the hardest, and youll also have to remove the glovebox
hi m8.

ordered the amp and wiring kit and they should be here tomorrow.

iv removed the necessary boot trim and am more or less in the same position as this guy. however ive got 2 questions
1 - do i screw the enclosure into anything or tie it to anything, or is it just free standing? not sure what's going to support it there.
2 - once that enclosure and sub are in place, the boot side wall trim will not fit over it - so am I going to have to cut through the trim? what would be the best way of going about this?
ebec3c61e20b252f6fc20ae444d998f2.jpg

also when you say having the power and audio wires on different sides of the car, it'd be the red power cable on passenger side. then the RCA cable on the driver side (yeah?) but what side would you suggest the blue wire go?

so right now i've left the boot as it is with open trim and am going to do the wiring tomorrow morning as soon as everything arrives and hopefully have it all closed up by end of day tomorrow.

any more information that anyone can provide that we haven't covered will be really appreciated.

thank you

hi m8.

iv removed the necessary boot trim and am more or less in the same position as this guy. however ive got 2 questions
1 - do i screw the enclosure into anything or tie it to anything, or is it just free standing? not sure what's going to support it there.
2 - once that enclosure and sub are in place, the boot side wall trim will not fit over it - so am I going to have to cut through the trim? what would be the best way of going about this?

also when you say having the power and audio wires on different sides of the car, it'd be the red power cable on passenger side. then the RCA cable on the driver side (yeah?) but what side would you suggest the blue wire go?

so right now i've left the boot as it is with open trim and am going to do the wiring tomorrow morning as soon as everything arrives and hopefully have it all closed up by end of day tomorrow.

any more information that anyone can provide that we haven't covered will be really appreciated.

thank you

Hi mate, I’ve been looking at the same setup to free up some boot space and I think you have to cut through the side trim as opposed to the other model which is behind the trim. Some sort of template of the enclosure and a jigsaw to cut through the trim is what I’d do. Unsure how to hold the enclosure in place though....

Attachments

• F8E1295D-01B0-4CC5-AAA1-9605960A5666.jpeg
    F8E1295D-01B0-4CC5-AAA1-9605960A5666.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Hi mate, I’ve been looking at the same setup to free up some boot space and I think you have to cut through the side trim as opposed to the other model which is behind the trim. Some sort of template of the enclosure and a jigsaw to cut through the trim is what I’d do. Unsure how to hold the enclosure in place though....
i think ill be alright with doing everything else. only issue would be cutting the trim/storing the enclosure.

also where would i go about storing the amp i wonder?

i think ill be alright with doing everything else. only issue would be cutting the trim/storing the enclosure.

also where would i go about storing the amp i wonder?

I put my amp in the empty battery holder in the boot.

you need an amp eg.

and a wiring kit.

amp and wiring still not arrived smh. also wondering - with the red power wire, do i leave it naked in the engine pay or does it need to be covered in anything? if so, with what? thanks

"
hi m8.

thank you
@samisnake cheers m8. any idea on this?

sorry for being thick but what empty battery holder in the boot?

On facelift models there is a holder for the battery under a cover to the right of the spare wheel well. Not sure if it's there on pre-facelift though.

On facelift models there is a holder for the battery under a cover to the right of the spare wheel well. Not sure if it's there on pre-facelift though.
ah okay yh mine is facelift so i should have it, fingers crossed. so how did you go about holding the enclosure in place and cutting the trim?

I didn't have to, I had a custom enclosure.
I considered the sub enclosure you've bought but wanted it to match the oem carpet, then this came up for sale;
WP 20180216 16 32 53 Pro

hi m8.

thank you

cant offer any tips on fitting the box, but yeah the red down the pass side, audio down the drivers side.
the blue would go down the passenger side with the red.

cant offer any tips on fitting the box, but yeah the red down the pass side, audio down the drivers side.
the blue would go down the passenger side with the red.
okay thanks m8. i'm struggling with getting the power cable through the firewall. ive remove the glovebox but cant get it through the grommets. really confused on getting it through.

okay thanks m8. i'm struggling with getting the power cable through the firewall. ive remove the glovebox but cant get it through the grommets. really confused on getting it through.
Try to find a blank grommet then if you can drill a hole through it but be careful of wires. If not just Google it and there will be a solution YouTube has vids that will explain how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Try to find a blank grommet then if you can drill a hole through it but be careful of wires. If not just Google it and there will be a solution YouTube has vids that will explain how to do it.

spent hours googling and youtubing it today no lie lol couldn't find much. + theres not much A3 8P specific online...

are there any blank grommets? all the ones i saw were taken

I've just had a look try the bonnet cable someone of here did it 2015 and ran there cable that way.
spent hours googling and youtubing it today no lie lol couldn't find much. + theres not much A3 8P specific online...

My power cable went through a blank grommet on the passenger side of the bulkhead near the top. Sorry I can't be more specific than that but my car has gone now.

thanks for all your help guys. i've managed to complete it. used a stanley blade to cut into the carpet and have fitted the sub in. and fitted the amp to the back of the foldable rear seats. thanks for all your help @samisnake and others as i cudnt have done it without you! it's perfect now thx!!!

Ended up taking off the wiper arms and tray and wiper motors, then drilled a hole into the little cover between the engine side of the firewall and the fuse area below the steering wheel. managed to take the power cable along the driver side and the RCA + remote turn on along passenger side. then fitted it all together. sub works perfect and the bass is beautiful so thx yall!

Reactions: samisnake and Spike1979
thanks for all your help guys. i've managed to complete it. used a stanley blade to cut into the carpet and have fitted the sub in. and fitted the amp to the back of the foldable rear seats. thanks for all your help @samisnake and others as i cudnt have done it without you! it's perfect now thx!!!

Ended up taking off the wiper arms and tray and wiper motors, then drilled a hole into the little cover between the engine side of the firewall and the fuse area below the steering wheel. managed to take the power cable along the driver side and the RCA + remote turn on along passenger side. then fitted it all together. sub works perfect and the bass is beautiful so thx yall!
How did you fit the sub enclosure?