Possible air con problem

msdmjb

Reaction score
Folks, need some help please.
2014 S3 with the standard climate control, with the car warmed up the aircon appears to be very cool until I turn the temps to 20deg. Below 20deg setting the temp to 16-19 seems to make very little difference to the heat being output but once it gets to 20deg it feels warm, it does seem to produce cold air no problem so not sure if it is me being an eejit or a problem.
In my wifes non-Audi car setting the temp to 18 feels like an inferno in comparison.

Hardly ever use the aircon so not sure what is normal.

Ta

16-19 degrees is probably what it is outside so it won't make any difference to your inside temp hence why the hot/cool air level being blown out of the vents doesn't change. Are you British? If so, 20 degrees will feel like the to sun to you!! :highly amused: If when you put it to MIN level, or lower than the outside temp, the aircon doesn't kick in and make it cooler, is prob when you should worry. but otherwise, it seems fine!!

If anything, I would say your wifes car has a problem. At 18 degrees in the car, it shouldn't feel anything like hot. I have mine set at 19 in the summer and around 21 in the winter and its perfect.
People will be along soon telling you to always keep your aircon switched on as it doesn't engage until needed, they will also tell you the system needs lubricating and so on! I know nothing about it but if you google it then you will get loads of answers why you should leave the system on!

Cheers Ormesome, like you I thought as long as it gets cold when the sun is out then probably all good.
British yes, live in Britain no. Wife's car is British built, maybe that is why the heater is extra warm ;)

Reactions: Ormesome