S tronic Shift Lever Broken Ring

A.ShawnS3

Reaction score
So I just took out my s3 for a little afternoon drive, come to park up and look down and I see the bottom red ring around the s tronic lever has split.
Any one else had this issue ?

Attachments

• 9C91E385-FD50-469E-BBE5-A4ECBB94F080.jpeg
    9C91E385-FD50-469E-BBE5-A4ECBB94F080.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,657
Looks like it hasn’t snapped and just swivelled out? Going off of the front edge of it.

So I just took out my s3 for a little afternoon drive, come to park up and look down and I see the bottom red ring around the s tronic lever has split.
Any one else had this issue ?

Yep, exact same thing happened on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine's the same, just pushed it back in again
I was going to glue it in but didn't know if you need to remove it if there is ever an issue with the lever.

Same thing happened to mine. Took it in to get it fixed under warranty and they had to replace the whole shift knob. Took a few days because apparently the part wasn't available in the States and they had to get one shipped over.

Looks like it hasn’t snapped and just swivelled out? Going off of the front edge of it.

It’s snapped in half as you can see the fatigue crack in the middle on both sides you look carefully. And when I put it back into place it’s doesnt ‘click’ in to place. Guess it’ll be a warranty issue when I take the car in for its MOT/service.

My car is out of warranty and the half red ring has snapped off, I don’t have the other half of it so unable to glue back in. Is there anywhere to buy just the ring or will I have to replace the whole knob?

Mine has also broken, wonder if anyone could 3d print one. Seems pointless to buy a whole new gear knob for a bit of plastic. Any thoughts?

Mines been broken for a few months now, another follower to the thread....