Climate control fault?

Psychoscot

Reaction score
Think my climate control may have an issue - once you've been in the car a while, and you would think it had regulated temperature, set it to auto at 19.5 and it blasts out cold air, set it to 20 and auto and it's blowing out hot air. Neither stop - I would expect it to stop blowing once the desired to is reached. Anyone else have issues?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The climate will adjust according to interior, exterior temps and humidity and blends hot, warm and cold air. What are the conditions it is doing this under?

The climate will adjust according to interior, exterior temps and humidity and blends hot, warm and cold air. What are the conditions it is doing this under?
Pretty much irrelevant - cabin gets to a temperature that feels right and it's still blowing cold - doesn't stop, so you knock it up half a degree and it starts pumping out hot air...

Doesn't sound like you have issues with the refrigerant as it wouldn't blow cold at all. Sometimes owners have found the rear passenger setting interfering so check that before contacting your dealership.

Reactions: Daggerit
Mine always blows air, it doesn’t stop just because it reaches the set value. It’ll keep blowing cooler air and then warm air if you increase the temperature to get up to whatever you’ve changed it up to.

As long as the overall cabin temperature is at basically what you set I wouldn’t think you have an issue to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think my climate control may have an issue - once you've been in the car a while, and you would think it had regulated temperature, set it to auto at 19.5 and it blasts out cold air, set it to 20 and auto and it's blowing out hot air. Neither stop - I would expect it to stop blowing once the desired to is reached. Anyone else have issues?

I noticed the same in mine the last few days, keep changing between 19 and 20 as 19 gets too cold and 20 too warm. it is rather strange, I have mine set on auto all the time and don't think the controls in the back have been changed, but will check.

The other thing is that the ambient vent, the long one, if used will continuously have air passing through it..

Reactions: Daggerit
Checked the back, it's set to 19. Didn't realise the centre vent was ambient rather than ac - may try closing that.

Yes it is supposed to keep the cabin at the right temperature without blasting out air...

Checked the back, it's set to 19. Didn't realise the centre vent was ambient rather than ac - may try closing that.

If you sync all the vents it makes everything a little more consistent as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk