S3 doing the impossible

Chris Reynolds

Reaction score
So last week I had a tonne of meeting sat work that were out on site. Because I am stupid and decided to buy an S3 to do 20k mpa I decided why not see if i can make a single tank of fuel last over 400 miles, I have been close before but never managed it. So after driving in efficiency mode at very slow speeds I managed to get 513 miles from a single tank. This was 70% motorway driving, 20% town driving and 10% commuting stop start traffic.

I must say I was amazed at this. I should also note that this S3 is running APR stage 1 with the APR carbon intake, APR turbo muffler delete and a Milltek non res catback stsyem (not valved). Its proven its worth at 428bhp and 440lb/ft (high torque map).

Do we have any challengers?

Attachments

• RB_2018_06_09_10_30_32.pdf
    288.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_9054.jpg
    IMG_9054.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_9056.PNG
    IMG_9056.PNG
    612.2 KB · Views: 292
Reactions: Mark_86, TYb, Moranatang and 3 others
I bought an S3 for a reason, this is not one of them..........

Reactions: Jud, Mylee, ASRman and 5 others
Nice to see you here on audi-sport.net also (kennethlehns3 on Instagram) :hi: As I also said to you on Instagram; our little machine is just fantastic and an amazing all-rounder.

Reactions: MattSedg and oli356
Smooth extra helps keep you relaxed and easy on the accelerator :racer:

Reactions: Pook and Chris Reynolds
Great effort but must have been so dull....managed 447 miles last week in dynamic mode on some long controlled speed limit motorway journeys

Resurrecting this old thread as I noticed this today when filling up after a couple of M25 variable speed limit round trips of 80 miles to Heathrow and and round trip to Birmingham up the M1 and M6 with lots of active variable speed limit stretches including the normally fast section of the M6 close to the M1
422.9 then.......
View attachment 157770
22 miles later.....

View attachment 157771

447.1 miles from a tank

Reactions: V6_Man
Just checked my long term memory - 21mpg in average for the last 4000 miles :whistle2:

it was a boring 500 miles. this tank of fuel now i'm back down to 27mpg and have been enjoying accelerating again :)

Ive never checked my mpg! i just close my eyes when i go to the petrol station! :cower:

Wow impressive. We have 2340 miles on our new S3 coming from a Q5 and I must say I'm happy with a constant 35mpg in comfort mode. The S3 has really surprised me on long runs with 38mph being achievable. However, 45 is very good! Out of interest are you running 99 octane?

i'm averaging 22mpg in 6000 miles and I thought that was good :whistle2:
Smiles per gallon though :thumbs up:

Reactions: Lehn and GW1
So last week I had a tonne of meeting sat work that were out on site. Because I am stupid and decided to buy an S3 to do 20k mpa I decided why not see if i can make a single tank of fuel last over 400 miles, I have been close before but never managed it. So after driving in efficiency mode at very slow speeds I managed to get 513 miles from a single tank. This was 70% motorway driving, 20% town driving and 10% commuting stop start traffic.

I must say I was amazed at this. I should also note that this S3 is running APR stage 1 with the APR carbon intake, APR turbo muffler delete and a Milltek non res catback stsyem (not valved). Its proven its worth at 428bhp and 440lb/ft (high torque map).

Do we have any challengers?

I go on rollers tomorrow any pics of your graph ?

Wow impressive. We have 2340 miles on our new S3 coming from a Q5 and I must say I'm happy with a constant 35mpg in comfort mode. The S3 has really surprised me on long runs with 38mph being achievable. However, 45 is very good! Out of interest are you running 99 octane?
yeah running 99 oct fuel, the cars done 12500 miles since i got it in october and its never touched less than 99

am more surprised you got 430bhp from an APR stage 1, dont think i have seen any1 one on here with them figures from APR1

where did you get your dyno figures from?

Last edited:
I was on the dyno at ecotune glasgow too. it was hard to find an AWD dyno in scotland. Let me see if i can find the printouts