Car alarm wont stop going off at all...

Dylan Johnson

Test123
Reaction score
So my car alarm/siren wont stop going off even after locking/unlocking the car multiple times. The car will be unlocked and the engine started and driving and it will still be going off.

Unlike the other common problem related to the alarm and boot also showing on the dash mine doesn't.

Scanned with VCDS and got nothing. Ive tried opening all the doors, bonnet, boot and slamming them all and it still goes off.

Sometimes when unlocking the car with the key it will go off for about 5 seconds then come straight back on.

Not sure whether its related but after unlocking/locking the car 10+ times the key remote just stops working all together for a few minutes (works fine after a few minutes).

At the moment its just sat outside with the battery off pretty much undriveable at this point.

Anyone at all who can help?

Have you checked your battery voltage? Low battery can trigger the alarm and if its going off none stop as you say thats also going to drain it

Reconnect the battery and before you close the door and lock it, turn off the ultrasonic interior sensors.
There might be a bug in there that sets it off (it has been known).
If that fails to stop it, then you have to start eliminating door/bonnet/boot sensors some how.

Reconnect the battery and before you close the door and lock it, turn off the ultrasonic interior sensors.
There might be a bug in there that sets it off (it has been known).
If that fails to stop it, then you have to start eliminating door/bonnet/boot sensors some how.

Just 10 minutes ago I tried turning off the sensors but the alarm was going off while I was doing it so it didnt stop it. When the red LED lights up does that mean its disabled? For the moment it seemed to have fixed its self the car is locked and the alarm is not sounding but I dont doubt itl be back assuming turning the sensors off didnt fix it.

Just 10 minutes ago I tried turning off the sensors but the alarm was going off while I was doing it so it didnt stop it. When the red LED lights up does that mean its disabled? For the moment it seemed to have fixed its self the car is locked and the alarm is not sounding but I dont doubt itl be back assuming turning the sensors off didnt fix it.

Does the alarm system not have its own fuse??
If so try and find it and pull it out as a temporary measure. You’ll probably be able to find a diagram online for all the fuses showing what they are for.

Does the alarm system not have its own fuse??
If so try and find it and pull it out as a temporary measure. You’ll probably be able to find a diagram online for all the fuses showing what they are for.

I had a look for one at the side of the dashboard but there wasn't one listed

I had a look for one at the side of the dashboard but there wasn't one listed

Just found something online which shows that fuse number 17 in the fuses at the end of the dash is the fuse for the alarm and it should be a 5 amp fuse in there.

Just found something online which shows that fuse number 17 in the fuses at the end of the dash is the fuse for the alarm and it should be a 5 amp fuse in there.

Just had a look, fuse 17 for me is convenience electronics