Facelift HELP HELP NEW EU GAS NORM - Huge Dilemma

RadekCor

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I need your help/ideas etc

How much will broken new GPF (Gasoline Partical Filter) for en new EU GAS norm our AUDI RS3 in 2 important things:

1) Straight line (0-100km/h = 3,8s) Still possible?
2) Good sound of RS3 5piston engine. Worse ?

Let me know your thougs guys as my EU dealer contact me, that my car can not be made without GPF right now... and will be delayded to 2019 model. Grrrrr... so i can cancel my order right now.

What do you think please? HElp HElp

Radek

I would think performance would be unaffected, but sound probably would change slightly? At the end of the day it's still a 5 cylinder though and I'm sure it'll sound as brutal as ever. Don't let it put you off getting one. :icon thumright:

Last edited:
There's a video on YouTube somewhere of one testing and it doesn't sound as good. Audi seem to be having to make these cars quieter.

Can you buy a used RS3?

And I thought your English was very good and better than our Czech would be.

Reactions: DW81
:-D BTW: where can i see youtube video of CAR with GPF, because its impossible... every car right now is without it... But still, maybe i cancel one and will wait for some TEST (model 2019) and if it will be worse, then i would buy an M2 competition maybe... :( I loved the performance of this CAR and of course brutal nice SOUND... but you know... demn it. :-(

:-D BTW: where can i see youtube video of CAR with GPF, because its impossible... every car right now is without it... But still, maybe i cancel one and will wait for some TEST (model 2019) and if it will be worse, then i would buy an M2 competition maybe... :( I loved the performance of this CAR and of course brutal nice SOUND... but you know... demn it. :-(

Have you looked at a used/nearly new one?

Yes but no one in my config or for higher price then new one :-D ehich is non sence... Ill maybe try to find some during the November and we will see :)

In all honesty, I do not think you will be able to tell the difference between a car without and a car with a filter... unless you are continually running precise laps on a circuit and are a pretty skilled driver.

Yes, there was a video of a facelift car testing at the Nurburgring and how it didn't sound as good, presumably because of the GPF addition.

Video here...

No idea if performance will suffer, Audi would just tweak the power surely. Noise I think will if the video is anything to go by. I’m sure if you remove the DPF in a diesel car you free up some power and better economy so on the flip side, adding one to a petrol engine will probably have the same affects.

A GPF will restrict flow (thus power) and noise. However, I am sure it can be offset with a retuned exhaust by making the resonators and/or back box less restrictive. This is what Audi will be looking at.

That TTRS in the vid is virtually silent do not kid yourselves. PFL RS3 for comparison:

TX.

PFL just in another league sound wise. And I'm not on about the pops and crackles.

I can see myself getting another one in years to come.

Reactions: Terminator x
Me too, would not have sold it if miles weren't so high.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Does the Audi aftermarket straight through downpipes for the 8V PFL not fit the FL?
No, it’s a different turbo setup and needs a specific, FL downpipe. I’m waiting impatiently on Nigel at BCS producing his version.