ABS MODULE PUMP NOT WORKING

wazza13

Reaction score
can someone plzzz help me.

My ABS MODULE pump on my 2009 2.0tdi A3 has stopped working so dash has abs/tracking warning light constantly flashing asking me to drive carefully to the nearest workshop due to brake problem. Iv searched everywhere for a module (part no: 1K0 907 379 CD) but havnt been able to find one so im stuck.

I have to drive upto Lake District from yorkshire this weekend and then blackpool as had weekend booked few months ago and now cant cancel for refund.

Am i safe to drive my car there? Just not sure if to hire car if its not too safe. Help plzz guys!

Thank You

Attachments

• 41C28A45-727D-434C-AD79-11B7F50BF764.jpeg
    41C28A45-727D-434C-AD79-11B7F50BF764.jpeg
    910.4 KB · Views: 2,930
It's a big risk to drive that far with a brake problem.
Have you spoken to any local garages to see if they can get you in and replace it? TPS might have the part available, have you called them?

1st no, dont even consider driving as it will invalidate your insurance in the event of an accident.

2nd, how do you know its dead, have you checked diagnostics, fuses etc.

3rd, I have a complete unit available, I can check if its compatible, is yours fwd or 4wd.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Yeh it was hooked upto vag by mechanic and stated code 16352 control module defective (shown in image). The mechanic and electrician are aaying itl be fine, just means you wont have ABS or TRACTION and gna av2 pump breaks at times but coz im taking my toddler with me im abit sceptical.
Its a 2wd 2.0tdi 170bhp 5dr.
Spoke to TPS but only deal with trade and my garage dnt av a account with em.. The issue i have is that the numbers match but its the CD at end which dnt on any part and electrician states it has to be exact to be able to code as shown on his vag (shown in pic).

Attachments

• B9515ABF-15CA-49A1-9FB8-C24585220F3F.jpeg
    B9515ABF-15CA-49A1-9FB8-C24585220F3F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,618
  • 30B2A9AC-D1EF-475B-95F5-79D462250A06.jpeg
    30B2A9AC-D1EF-475B-95F5-79D462250A06.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,098
Last edited:
UPDATE: just took it to my main electrcian (he was unavailable for a week), he has cleared the error and so far so good), said if error reappears he said to bring t bck n nxt week he will try n sort it bt he does also think its faulty.
Getting this part has been a pain in ****!

And they are back again..... if anyone knows where i can pick up 2nd hand part no: 1K0 907 379 CD plzzzzzz let me know.

Thank you and much appreciated!

Apologies, I put that exact part number into the search bar and it came back with that item, which I presumed was correct.
Looks like you will either have to call Audi or get in touch with breakers yards if you are willing to gamble on a 2nd hand part.

Ok spoke to audi n according to them the CD does not exist in their database so im gurssing its been updated bt obviously they wont gimmi the updated num

Have you put your reg into Euro Car parts to see what part they recommend?

Yeh, they dont stock the part unfortunately and audi quoted me £890!! One place has got intouch via 24/7 parts and they r quoting me £430 for used where as local scrapyards are selling em for £70!!!

Try and find out which Audi/VW/Skoda/SEAT share these engines and parts and give the scrap yards a visit.
This part is bound to be out there somewhere, looking at the other VAG vehicles may open up more options for you.

UPDATE: ok guys, today me front wheel was making a loud metal on metal screeching sound, had RAC come out, said the pad had broken behind disc and damaged the disc severely. I did tell him that i heard a knocking sound last week when applying breaks but my mechanic thought it was nothing, RAC said that knocking sound was the pad almost going. I really am hoping this is the reason my error codes showed up coz in vcds it showed no faults. Tomz morning gna gt em sorted touch wood & pray error codes disappear.

UPDATE - RAC full of ****, pads and disc in excellent condition. Got a courtesy car out of any for the drive to lakes tomz. Give me proper electrician it on wed when back.