ABS Module problems

luckyluk3

Reaction score
I'm facing some problems with my Audi S3 08/09.
I've checked fuses and seems to be alright. When I clear the codes it remains fine for 1-3 days then it pops back up
I guess I'll have to replace it, my question is

1K0 907 379CE is the part number but I can't find any of those, is it possible that other part numbers will fit? Like CP or AT in the end?
I'm a bit familiar with coding so that should work but otherwise I'm not very experienced and I really have no clue.

Any input on this is very appreciated.

Attachments

• DC7BB00C-5A14-49B1-A263-B4E6E5B0A93F.jpeg
    DC7BB00C-5A14-49B1-A263-B4E6E5B0A93F.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 96
The letters at the end mean a superseded part. Make sure you copy the coding and save it to paste to the new module

Reactions: luckyluk3
There's another part number on the unit, its confusing & not all are superseded to, you have to make sure you get the same or the actual one it supersedes too.

The other is something like 1k0614517 & a letter on end.

What's the issue, have you checked the wiring.

To check you could buy a unit plug the cable in & see if the error clears, if so then you can do the swap, don't undo any of the piping until you've confirmed the error clears on replacement & codes in

But you can't necessarily copy & paste the code unless it's the identical part.

It's best to plug the cable into the replacement, copy the coding to it & see if it holds, it will show calibration errors but those can be done when you fit it 100%, the connector is fun to remove, you have to slide it up vertically then pull it out towards the driver's wheel, when it's off, push the sliding part that is vertical down so it's fully closed, then wrangle it out towards the passenger headlight.

Reactions: luckyluk3 and LEE69
There's another part number on the unit, its confusing & not all are superseded to, you have to make sure you get the same or the actual one it supersedes too.

The other is something like 1k0614517 & a letter on end.

What's the issue, have you checked the wiring.

To check you could buy a unit plug the cable in & see if the error clears, if so then you can do the swap, don't undo any of the piping until you've confirmed the error clears on replacement & codes in

But you can't necessarily copy & paste the code unless it's the identical part.

It's best to plug the cable into the replacement, copy the coding to it & see if it holds, it will show calibration errors but those can be done when you fit it 100%, the connector is fun to remove, you have to slide it up vertically then pull it out towards the driver's wheel, when it's off, push the sliding part that is vertical down so it's fully closed, then wrangle it out towards the passenger headlight.
Alright, thank you for your answer. I will start at checking the wires.
I noticed now i had another fault code, could they be related? Or is that a completely different electrical problem (thinking if they share the same harness.)

Attachments

• 787BE5CA-CA17-4CC7-B355-1417BAE9E65B.jpeg
    787BE5CA-CA17-4CC7-B355-1417BAE9E65B.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 45
Deal with 1 at a time tbh mate, fix abs 1st, but as I'm not working on the car I can't say if linked but I've seen that error before unrelated to abs but again that's not to say yours isn't.