RNSE Navigation Plus MK1 - USB Connectivity options?

Nozrul Islam

Reaction score
Hello All,

as per the title I have the MK1 RNSE with Bose system on my A4 B7, which has the 2gb SD card slots and CD changer. Given my average mileage is below 1.5k a year I cannot really justify buying a new unit.

I wanted to know is there a way I can add an USB / SD card reader so I can put all my music in just one card? And more importantly has to be reliable and be able to show CD track information.

Any help will be appreciated.

Or you could just swap me for my xtrons unit :smirk:

lookout for a decent used pioneer head unit, mine has been perfect from day 1 , way more functions etc than most users will ever need aswell.

just my input, I personally think the RNSE units are over rated.

You do really but its worth it frankly as the pioneer head units are excellent, you can find them around with the kits that have come out of B7's , just need to look around really.
My pioneer works faultless, BT is brilliant and sound quality excellent, DVD playback is brill too....well cant fault the unit on any item to be honest.

Just out of curiosity what kit do I need and how much are they mate? So I can budget what unit I can look at?
Thanks

you'll need a connects kit , that gives you all the looms etc ,fittings kit and bits.
Your current headunit will be a quadlock unit so if going aftermarket the kits need to have the correct quadlock converter loom to hook-up to the interface on your chosen Head unit

It took me approx. 30 mins start to finish to fit my pioneer using the B7 double DIN connects kit.

The oem RNSE is ok but a very dated unit now, so just because the car is a few years old doesn't mean you cant have a more uptodate incar setup, its extra cost yes but well worth it frankly.

This is the B7 connects kit.

Kit6

Reactions: Nozrul Islam
So not as bad as I thought as I was under impression the kits were £150.

Ok 78 plus a new sat Nav unit, time to start saving I think.

They appear to have been slated as very poor etc from a lot of people, never tried them myself so cant comment specifically but a quick web search wasn't overly impressive .

I have an android 8 unit & it works very well.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
My thoughts exactly Rob.

If I'm going change then it'll be a Pioneer, Kenwood or Alpine.

All I'm after is SatNav, CD, MP3 and SD / USB Slot that accepts SDHC cards, better sound quality than the RNSE and that's all. BT and all other features are not really required. Probably be looking at older models. Oh and cheap as possible, Free would be better lol!

BTW that kit can be had for 65 all in on fleabay!

I've fitted both, found erisin better.

Still contemplating on this.... I've not been in the car audio scene for a number of years now....

Is it worth getting a unit with sat nav built in or get a unit with android auto and use the google maps / waze from the phone?
How effective is the latter route in terms of connectivity and reliability?

Am I right in thinking the current going rate for a RNSE MK1 with CD changer is £400 ish?

Thanks

You might get someone put pay £400 on ebay were people dont have a clue ut in the real world expect between £150-200

Reactions: Nozrul Islam
I'd still be going aftermarket really, much better spec kit but at sensible non audi prices.

What would you suggest Rob, to sat nav or not to?

Just been reading up on the bose delete on here, apparently the sound is improved quite a bit by deleting - any knowledge on this?