Replacment air filters

S3 NIK

Reaction score
Anybody replaced their standard air filters with after market jobbies such as Green or K&N, if so any benefits?
Nik.

I've got a Green panel filter - probably no difference, maybe a little extra sucking noise but thats about it

Had one on my previous car and it did have that extra 'suck' so to speak.
How much are they for S3's

Aky said:
I've got a Green panel filter - probably no difference, maybe a little extra sucking noise but thats about it

Aky said:

Same here and I have the Piper panel filter!

Stock airbox and paper filter will flow 400hp+ you know, so any gain will be marginal if at all.

I have a green panel filter in my golf with a cold air pipe form the bumper and its gone rusty wiht the damp air getting in!
Will tyr a k and N next I think or put stock one back in.

Fresh paper is just as good as "high performance". And about a fifth of the cost. And they don't need maintenance.
You also don't have the risk of atomised oil particles getting through the intake system.
I've tried a few performance types but prefer regularly changed paper.

Is the Green Panel filter anywhere near the sound of the Carbonio? and does it make the d/v any louder?

Im thinking of getting a Forge 007p anyway but just trying to decide on filter!

FrankScorpio said:
You also don't have the risk of atomised oil particles getting through the intake system.

Paper is way better, but tell me, how do atomised oil particles get into the air intake system with an aftermarket filter, or is this just heresay?

Got a Green Induction kit for sale atm, but this has the heatshield etc etc

pm if interested