Itch is now scratched... (new car content)

Yes you are now correct LOL, I was looking at 2017, however it doesn't really state how the cars are stolen and the Police tend not to bother either. Still the best way is to just get GAP insurance and not fight for the keys

100%. Getting GAP. ALA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
I just done the math and driving to my nearest Tesco station would cost me £3.50 more per tank than paying the extra at a Shell station on my commute. Ha. Gutted.

How about a good ol' fashioned clamp??

10p off a litre after you spend 40£ on shopping makes it even cheaper save me about 6 quid I’m sure a tank

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
10p off a litre after you spend 40£ on shopping makes it even cheaper save me about 6 quid I’m sure a tank

We shop at Sainsbury's. Again, on my commute. Haha. Right, there's only one thing for it. We're moving!

Reactions: Jcbmally and Spaceman_RS3
Another vote for GAP. I went ALA and got vehicle replacement up to £50K for 5 years. Whilst I would be very ****** if my S5 was stolen, at least I know that I'd get a brand new B9 S5 to replace it.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Thundercliffe81
finally found a picture of the fuel sticker on a RS4.

11655991_868294866598126_1366731106_o-jpg.61788

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
Another vote for GAP. I went ALA and got vehicle replacement up to £50K for 5 years. Whilst I would be very ****** if my S5 was stolen, at least I know that I'd get a brand new B9 S5 to replace it.

I think back to invoice would give more flexibility. I'd probably want another used RS haha.

finally found a picture of the fuel sticker on a RS4.

11655991_868294866598126_1366731106_o-jpg.61788

Ahhhh. So, is that saying don't use fuel higher than 98RON? Tesco is 99. Or is it saying anything between 95-98 is fine? Or, is it recommending the highest figure? Are we still on topic?

Ahhhh. So, is that saying don't use fuel higher than 98RON? Tesco is 99. Or is it saying anything between 95-98 is fine? Or, is it recommending the highest figure? Are we still on topic?

It’s saying 95 min 98 recommended but 99 is best higher the better

I’d never use anything other than t99 or v power unless I had no choice and was just on a motorway stroll even then I’d just stick 20 in till I found good fuel

I’d never use anything other than t99 or v power unless I had no choice and was just on a motorway stroll even then I’d just stick 20 in till I found good fuel

Roger. Just playing devils advocate to see how people run an RS. Baring in mind the obvious marketing ploys from fuel companies. I looked into the ethanol blend question too and it has little impact. Small gains in fact. From what I could see. Tesco uses more ethanol right?

Reactions: Daggerit

Agreed. I'm pretty sure that the manual covers this and basically says do not use lower than whatever is stated as the MIN rating and that if you do use the lowest you may not be running at full power, basically.

I think back to invoice would give more flexibility. I'd probably want another used RS haha.

but what if prices have gone up, and you got a big discount (as reflected on invoice), so replacement plus better...at least in my case :icon thumright:

but what if prices have gone up, and you got a big discount (as reflected on invoice), so replacement plus better...at least in my case :icon thumright:

My invoice will be £34k. As long as gap brings it back to £34k I'm covered. I don't understand what you're saying haha.

You are correct about flexibility, however the list price of my car was just over £51K but my invoice shows just over £42K. I also knew that a like-for-like B9 replacement would be more than £50K. So in the event of a claim they'd say "we can't replace your car like-for-like because it exceeds the £50K limit on your policy so you'll have to pay the difference" in which case I'd reply "OK, give me the £50K then". Of course I could be wrong but when I was looking at the various options and how they affected the premium I thought I'd go for the vehicle replacement as it seemed the best at the time. I guess I was thinking about it being stolen after a few months , in which case the order book for the B8 would have been closed and £42K would not have been enough to get a replacement B9 of a similar spec.

You are correct about flexibility, however the list price of my car was just over £51K but my invoice shows just over £42K. I also knew that a like-for-like B9 replacement would be more than £50K. So in the event of a claim they'd say "we can't replace your car like-for-like because it exceeds the £50K limit on your policy so you'll have to pay the difference" in which case I'd reply "OK, give me the £50K then". Of course I could be wrong but when I was looking at the various options and how they affected the premium I thought I'd go for the vehicle replacement as it seemed the best at the time. I guess I was thinking about it being stolen after a few months , in which case the order book for the B8 would have been closed and £42K would not have been enough to get a replacement B9 of a similar spec.

Yup. Totally agree. Especially with a brand new car. You're gonna suffer crazy instant depreciation and any discounts are only going to compound it further. My car is worth between £31-35k. My GAP will cover upto £25k on top of any insurance payout.

So for new or PCP deals, I'd go for replacement or pay extra premiums for a higher GAP payout.

My invoice will be £34k. As long as gap brings it back to £34k I'm covered. I don't understand what you're saying haha.

It was explained below, and agree more useful for new, especially when discounted/dealer contribution etc...

It was explained below, and agree more useful for new, especially when discounted/dealer contribution etc...

Interestingly, and its kind of relevant to the thread about people trading in early and my whole negative equity experience, some of these GAP policies state no previous negative equity from another agreement will be covered.

So, important to note if you trade in for something like an S or RS in this case (with the lure of a better car), any negative equity that you bolt on to a new agreement or invoice, might not be covered. At least, that's what I gleaned from it.

correct, so you "may" want to get cover for a higher value if that is possible

correct, so you "may" want to get cover for a higher value if that is possible

I suppose. Worst case is insurance don't pay out a penny. At least have your gap insurance cover st the total price of the car?

Roger. Just playing devils advocate to see how people run an RS. Baring in mind the obvious marketing ploys from fuel companies. I looked into the ethanol blend question too and it has little impact. Small gains in fact. From what I could see. Tesco uses more ethanol right?

They do yes and she’ll add there own mix of octane booster.

For me tracing the engine performance and knock on previous track and race cars the benefits of the high octane really shine on performance cars that are driven hard

They do yes and she’ll add there own mix of octane booster.

For me tracing the engine performance and knock on previous track and race cars the benefits of the high octane really shine on performance cars that are driven hard

Yeah. That's true. Know of any fuels out there that give a torque boost?

Mate, you DO NOT NEED torque boost when you already have 430 Nm (317.15 lb-ft) of torque available between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Thundercliffe81
Mate, you DO NOT NEED torque boost when you already have 430 Nm (317.15 lb-ft) of torque available between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm :icon thumright:

Haha. I will endeavour not to hijack this thread with a torque argument. The RS3 has plenty of it and the OP is gonna love it. Don't forget, I'm used to 500nm from 1700(my ****, it's more like 2400) from my S4.

There's defo a dead spot up until 3-4 grand. But V8 sound cancels it out

haha, fair enough. :sign hijacked:

Reactions: zippster and Thundercliffe81
Supercharge that mother

Whilst I absolutely LOVE a supercharged V8 whine and growl...these prices are for people that have these cars as a toy

6533c8b3cca72d29f79763a201ebae36.png

Reactions: Jcbmally, Spaceman_RS3 and NevMan
Ave seen 2 b7 giving it some one was tte second one might have been pes. Holy **** is all I’ll say different car.
Key with that v8 is to keep the revs over 5k and it flies. Good thing I liked you can floor it and makes lots of v8 growl in higher gears and not be doing silly speeds. I had miltek on my b7 pure joy.

Ave seen 2 b7 giving it some one was tte second one might have been pes. Holy **** is all I’ll say different car.
Key with that v8 is to keep the revs over 5k and it flies. Good thing I liked you can floor it and makes lots of v8 growl in higher gears and not be doing silly speeds. I had miltek on my b7 pure joy.

I think exhaust note is key in all these cars. It's unfortunately where Audi falls short. But, only as an opinion. As a business, they know their market mainly want something more refined. Over AMG. So I get why they do it. But think a proper sports exhaust should be an option. Not a pair of black tips haha.

RS3 PFL, however. Wow! Exception to the rule or what. That thing was demonic!

Last edited:
Loved it miss it the most wish I kept it.

@zipster
There’s a guy on insta has his facelift sounding like a pre facelift full pops etc rs3 Paige I think it is

Reactions: NevMan, zippster and Thundercliffe81
exactly this nice to see someone understands AS MY WIFE DOES NOT! AND NOT VERY HAPPY!.. its one of those things.. cars make me tick, spend all my spare money on them for enjoyment.. never owned an RS anything but always wanted to. S4 is amazing but just dont need the added practicality right now..
you are a kindred spirit :icon thumright::respekt:

Whilst I absolutely LOVE a supercharged V8 whine and growl...these prices are for people that have these cars as a toy

6533c8b3cca72d29f79763a201ebae36.png

C'mon, it's only money :haudrauf::friends:

C'mon, it's only money :haudrauf::friends:

It's only money that I don't flipping have haha. I think exhaust and just regimental maintenance is gonna be what I do to it. Maybe Eventuri one day.

Reactions: Jcbmally
It's only money that I don't flipping have haha. I think exhaust and just regimental maintenance is gonna be what I do to it. Maybe Eventuri one day.

Nice avatar :thumbs up: