1.9 100bhp TDi

GTi Si

Reaction score
What is this engine like?

I used to have a 110bhp Golf and that was nice, but how would the A4 with the 100 bhp engine drive?

Found a 2000 plate with 91k on the clock but in vgc for £4950 - is this a good price?

Either that or a Mk3 Golf TDi!

Cheers

S

Would have thought you'd just about get a MKIV for that money. We have a MKIV GT TDI 115PS and the S4. I have also driven a 110PS Golf and a 90PS Golf. The 90BHP engine was non PD and was frankly terrible. I fear the 100BHP A4 would be similar to the 100BHP A4, in which case I would steer clear.

doh. well if you didn't figure what I was trying to write (sober honest) I meant I fear the 100BHP A4 will be similar to the 90BHP Golf.........

Actually, looking, I can't see any signs of a 100BHP A4, only a 90PS and a 110.

There is a 100 bhp a4 out there but not many.

Go for the 110 tdi red eye mate will come better spec'd and slightly better to tune if you so please.

i didn't think they did a 100 bhp? the fact is, a golf is much lighter than an A4 so you're better off looking for the 110bhp tdi or higher to achieve a similar power to weight ratio, i have driven a 19tdi quattro on a few occasions and it feels as good as my v6 petrol quattro. similar in torque, ride and noise levels? but there was a difference in acceleration, obviously! the golf will always be better to drive fast than the A4 as standard as the suspension is soft and wallowy on corners and bends compared to the golf.

I find the suspension on my b5 is quite good to push on if you know where the limit is and how much roll you can exert before breakaway occurs. That being said it is getting a new setup soon.

Yeh, they brought out the 100bhp A4 at the same time as the 115bhp (both PD???) Didn't make either for long AFAIK

Cheers guys.

Which PD engines did they do in the B5 A4?

S